DH First bike, suggestions please

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH First bike, suggestions please
O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
trekrules wrote:
nishnash wrote:
only the top end gamblers are good and their over priced

I would not say that,Note all gamblers share the shame frame and they have the same travel adjustment to from 190mm to 230mm travel.You can basicly turn the FR20 and FR10 to a well exellent DH race bike and the DH20 and DH10 to a great FR bike.Both 4 bikes share also the adjustable Headtube.
exactly, if you can afford a bike that price custom build it with better components

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 6:15 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
have you considered a v10?

way too expensive....what else?

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 8:26 Quote
guy's don't recommend any frames that are super expensive for him.He wants a Complete bike and no frame and wants to spend not more as 3500 euro.The stab or Aline is best for the moneyl.But have you bougth a Demo or not?

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
no the Demo 8 1 here is 3400, it really is a good choise, since the prices for Specializeds here in Germany, for 08, have drop down a lot from 07...they are even cheaper then US

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:00 Quote
well with the demo you can't go wrong,but i only like the first Demo 8 they are nicer than the 08 models IMO.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:10 Quote
i have to agree with you in that one, but, since the performance is the better, or at least the same in the new one, i dont really care, they still Demons!!

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
pperini wrote:
i have to agree with you in that one, but, since the performance is the better, or at least the same in the new one, i dont really care, they still Demons!!
The new model Demo's are far superior. I've ridden both for a season now, and the new design is much more DH friendly. I agree it doesn't look like quite the beast it used to be, but they sure look a lot sexier now. Trust me, the new Demo's ( o7&o8 ) are a lot more stable at high speeds and in the rough stuff. Specialized has finally designed a real DH frame. Fab

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
good to know that bro, ive always been a Specialized fan....

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
Why don't you just look up the 2007 bikes, CRC have loads in stock. Loads of other WEBSITES will have them at a low price. Shops dont seem to drop the price as much though.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
the problem is that here in germany they dont keep DH/FR bikes in stock that much, they are all sold only if you ask for one at the dealer, so there arent so many....have you guys ever seen the KTMs?....very good price here in GR for the components, check it out

http://www.ktm-bikes.at/2008/at/detailBike.php?Bike=tribute&kat=Freeride

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 12:03 Quote
is this a good rim? "Synchros DPS32" .....cuz thats the rim the TRIBUTE comes with...

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20845

^ This, is what i mean by low prices on CRC.

They ship all over europe so I dont see the problem. Also do finance options.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
for a 3500 usd bike, it should come with more than a vanilla r rear shock, come on (cough. cough) rip off (cough cough)

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
for a 3500 usd bike, it should come with more than a vanilla r rear shock, come on (cough. cough) rip off (cough cough)

haha well this is europe!

But i hope he gets what i mean by going for last years, i never noticed, i just assumed it was a DHX because it had that oil resivoir.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014910
Mobile Version of Website