Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 13:30 Quote
Giggleberrie wrote:
CruJonez wrote:
Region filter is good
Ability to filter out local pickup is OK, but that blocks out people who might be local to you as a buyer as well which is bad.

Message: region isn't formatted correctly is the message I get now and cant see any bikes, =/

Yeah, there is a location bug we're trying to track down. Stand by.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 14:13 Quote
bentomas wrote:
cod51 wrote:
I'd like to be able to be in a specific state, press "ALL" and when I click out back on the page, have it stay in the 'ALL' category instead of reverting to the state that was originally selected.

I know exactly what you mean about this for choosing a country, state, city. I will add this to my list. But in the meantime if you click the "All" (not all uppercase, and in the list of results below the ALL), it should do what you want.

Thanks! Yep, that'll do for now.

I'd still quite love to see the page's hierarchy changed around with the focus being on the categories to allow the viewer to easily navigate the page, and bigger headlines will do just that.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 14:30 Quote
Why didn't u just leave it alone? It was working perfectly and took seconds to narrow down my search now it takes for ever. Not to mention I have no computer and always use my iPhone so it makes things twice as difficult. I agree with a few other guys on here, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Don't mean to be a bum in all but I never had any issues with the old site. Everything that I needed was there so I don't understand why people said they had issues with the categories and locations and all that.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 14:57 Quote
As much as I love my relatives and neighbors to the north, I wouldn't by a bike from canada due to import taxes (and I imagine vice versa). Please go back to the separate searches for each country as I'm now forced to visually separate each add myself.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 15:04 Quote
granpa wrote:
As much as I love my relatives and neighbors to the north, I wouldn't by a bike from canada due to import taxes (and I imagine vice versa). Please go back to the separate searches for each country as I'm now forced to visually separate each add myself.

Just click country on the side. And it will only show you results for the one country.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 15:04 Quote
blarg123 wrote:
Why didn't u just leave it alone? It was working perfectly and took seconds to narrow down my search now it takes for ever. Not to mention I have no computer and always use my iPhone so it makes things twice as difficult. I agree with a few other guys on here, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Don't mean to be a bum in all but I never had any issues with the old site. Everything that I needed was there so I don't understand why people said they had issues with the categories and locations and all that.

Can you describe how you did things before, and how you are doing things now.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 15:24 Quote
The original one was much more user friendly.

Sure this one has more features, but I liked the search bar of the other version better. The drop-down menu and custom price brackets worked better.

Combining the filters sidebar and the search top-bar with the drop-down menu would be ideal.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 15:30 Quote
schnecor000 wrote:

Sure this one has more features, but I liked the search bar of the other version better. The drop-down menu and custom price brackets worked better.

Combining the filters sidebar and the search top-bar with the drop-down menu would be ideal.

What was on the drop down menu?

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 15:37 Quote
radek wrote:
schnecor000 wrote:

next to the search bar there was a drop-down category menu

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 15:44 Quote
schnecor000 wrote:
radek wrote:
schnecor000 wrote:

Right. So now it's ALMOST the same.
- you select a category form main page, then type in search box as before, but more features if you want them
- if you want to refine it the dropdown is just below the search instead of beside. The difference is the the dropdown nicely shows you all the categories so you can even more quickly pick what you need. Additional benefit is that you can select multiple categories if you like. So you can be searching for freeride bike, am bike, and freeride frames all at the same time.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 15:46 Quote
The display is too complicated for the intended use of 95% of the people using it. I would guess that the majority of people browsing don't need this level of detail filtered and sorted, they are browsing and looking to see what's out there in their area. For the people that need more detail give them an "advanced search" function with more options to sort by. Basically don't punish the masses with a dizzying array of choices for the needs of a few.

The display of takes your focus away from what you came to look for, items for sale. Instead of highlighting the products for sale they are tiny and crammed in between a dizzying array of sort options and some crappy ads.

IMHO put the old version back and add an "advanced search" function would be a good compromise.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 15:51 Quote
radek wrote:
schnecor000 wrote:
radek wrote:

Right. So now it's ALMOST the same.
- you select a category form main page, then type in search box as before, but more features if you want them
- if you want to refine it the dropdown is just below the search instead of beside. The difference is the the dropdown nicely shows you all the categories so you can even more quickly pick what you need. Additional benefit is that you can select multiple categories if you like. So you can be searching for freeride bike, am bike, and freeride frames all at the same time.

yes but the older version was so much faster

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 15:55 Quote
schnecor000 wrote:

Old Version:
1. go to front page
2. click on category dropdown
3. scroll through the list of non alphabetical one line categories until you see what you want
4. click category
5. click on search box
6. type in term
7. hit enter

New Version:
1. go to front page
2. click on category from a full list of nicely categorized categories
3. click on search box
4. type in term
5. hit enter

one less step in new version, and actually step 2 and 3 is much faster now because visually you see all the categories and know where the one you want is right away

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 16:18 Quote
rossmaki wrote:
The display is too complicated for the intended use of 95% of the people using it. I would guess that the majority of people browsing don't need this level of detail filtered and sorted, they are browsing and looking to see what's out there in their area. For the people that need more detail give them an "advanced search" function with more options to sort by. Basically don't punish the masses with a dizzying array of choices for the needs of a few.

The display of takes your focus away from what you came to look for, items for sale. Instead of highlighting the products for sale they are tiny and crammed in between a dizzying array of sort options and some crappy ads.

IMHO put the old version back and add an "advanced search" function would be a good compromise.

I must agree...

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 16:32 Quote
radek wrote:
schnecor000 wrote:

Old Version:
1. go to front page
2. click on category dropdown
3. scroll through the list of non alphabetical one line categories until you see what you want
4. click category
5. click on search box
6. type in term
7. hit enter

New Version:
1. go to front page
2. click on category from a full list of nicely categorized categories
3. click on search box
4. type in term
5. hit enter

one less step in new version, and actually step 2 and 3 is much faster now because visually you see all the categories and know where the one you want is right away
And now, click click click click on the pages cause we can't sort it in price > or select a small price range that i actually want...so what you win there, you kinda loose it in browsing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021878
Mobile Version of Website