Powered by Outside

Tyres tyres tires tyres tyres

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Tyres tyres tires tyres tyres
Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 14:39 Quote
Nah too much of a shallow thread. I think if I see one more tyre I'll get sick Big Grin

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 17:21 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Nah too much of a shallow thread. I think if I see one more tyre I'll get sick Big Grin

Ok.
Try Geax Datura's then .
They could rip a hole in concrete Big Grin
As you probably guess,it's my choice of tyre.
I have been using them for a while now,and won't change back to Conti's or Schwalbe.
Ever

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 17:32 Quote
My friends after ripping most of the side knobs off his magic Marys with 2 weeks riding, 5 spins

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 17:38 Quote
TheFreney wrote:
My friends after ripping most of the side knobs off his magic Marys with 2 weeks riding, 5 spins

Sounds par for the course with Schwalbe's as a whole.
But people do swear by them

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 0:26 Quote
Honestly, I don't think I'd ever corner fast or hard enough to damage the side lugs.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 0:53 Quote
[P=]http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/wheels-tires/916490d1408323525-650b-schwalbe-magic-mary-review-img_1927.jpgimage found using http://goo.gl/kVPgx[/P]
This is the worst one I found

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 0:54 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
[P=http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/wheels-tires/916490d1408323525-650b-schwalbe-magic-mary-review-img_1927.jpgimage found using http://goo.gl/kVPgx][/P]
Can someone fix this I'm on mobile

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 4:07 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Honestly, I don't think I'd ever corner fast or hard enough to damage the side lugs.

lol
Yeah,I suppose when we are all hurtling about,we feel as if we are superstars breaking land speed records Big Grin
I speak from experience of using Nobby Nics and Rocket Rons.Not Schwalbe finest tyres I admit.
But they cut up pretty bad after a short while.
Conti TK's were not up to much either,and they have a big following.They wore down too easily,twice.
Maxxis were not too bad,but straight line speed was a bit draggy.
I thought WTF!!!.
A chance convo with someone on my local haunt recommended the Geax and I have stuck with them.
It's been a very expensive path though.
Tyres are a personal choice mind you,and I have probably ,systematically bad mouthed peoples preferences.
Apologies.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 6:38 Quote
My dad has Nobby Nick performance tyres front and back for a year now and the front tyre looks almost new, and the rear tyre is worn in the center from brake dragging. Probably a hard single compound. I'll look into Geax later, I know that On-One sell them cheap

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 8:26 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
My dad has Nobby Nick performance tyres front and back for a year now and the front tyre looks almost new, and the rear tyre is worn in the center from brake dragging. Probably a hard single compound. I'll look into Geax later, I know that On-One sell them cheap

Thing is Danny,the Mary's could turn out one of your best purchases.
And I can't comment on them personally.
But yeah,check out the Geax,as an alternative.
Let me know how you get on with them bud.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 8:38 Quote
ProfessorSchaftenberg wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

Thing is Danny,the Mary's could turn out one of your best purchases.
And I can't comment on them personally.
But yeah,check out the Geax,as an alternative.
Let me know how you get on with them bud.
Will do Smile

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 16:15 Quote
Tyre still hasn't arrived yet and I've an enduro weekend Frown But bless the lord I'll have Magic Marys, an 180mm rear rotor and a marsh guard just in time for an XC race lol ! Must have been Easter Monday day off that delayed shipping, forgot about that...

Posted: Apr 11, 2015 at 7:51 Quote
mail order, good if you are not in a hurry Wink

Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 13:49 Quote
Haha I'm just used to CRCs fast shipping. Everyone rider was using Magic Mary's up front, so I doubt I went too wrong..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023658
Mobile Version of Website