Powered by Outside

CRC are taking the piss

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 9:50 Quote
timlake wrote:
ddean wrote:
I ordered some deeply discounted stuff for cyber Monday, selected untracked Canada Post and they send it Tracked DHL, so my $110 order is getting nailed for $50 in additional fees.

I notified them that they need to reimburse me the $50 because they modified my shipping method without consultation. Ill let you all know when I see a pig flying by my office window.

Seems that they've fallen off the rails. Wont buy from them again.

You're complaining that CRC didn't help you break the law?

You got caught, now you have to pay import duty. Countries are cracking down on it. Nothing to do with CRC...

Sorry - Ive been out and didnt see this. Yes, as following posters stated, they altered my choice of delivery. Shipping untracked Canada Post may come with a duty bill and it may not. Id obviously rather it didnt, but if it does Ill pay it. What I deplor paying is the flat brokerage fee that DHL and UPS both charge for "clearing" the customs documents. I think that it is $40 just for giving them the business of carrying your stuff across the border. Ive been charged that $40 fee for a $10 item in the past. Its infuriating.

So of that additional owing of a little more than $50, something like $12 of it was duty. The rest was for their processing.

I wont buy from CRC again. They're in the gutter. They were not helpful when I tried to work with them on this.

I would have declined the items at the door but they were all paid in full before shipping - aside from the DHL fleecing I took.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 10:20 Quote
Tbf though that is not CRCs system atfault, it's for you to object and take up with the customs/courier folk.nit crcs bad you chose them to deal with.

I mean ffs you are an international customer expecting item not to be checked via customs and held with courier.

Next you'll play the "courier said we weren't in card" and be wanting compensation for a cuppa coffee that weng cold.

Little sympathy here as you can gather.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Tbf though that is not CRCs system atfault, it's for you to object and take up with the customs/courier folk.nit crcs bad you chose them to deal with.

I mean ffs you are an international customer expecting item not to be checked via customs and held with courier.

Next you'll play the "courier said we weren't in card" and be wanting compensation for a cuppa coffee that weng cold.

Little sympathy here as you can gather.

I'm totally on your side here. Importing is always a customs risk. Some small places/individuals may reduce costs on the forms etc, but a worldwide company like crc are not in the business of helping basically sneak around the rules.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 10:35 Quote
Does this now mean we can tap jazz hands haha!

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 10:39 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Does this now mean we can tap jazz hands haha!

I have the rhythm of a stick of rock. So, yeah, but only if you want to be embarrassed by my moves.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
Lmfao your a fannyguy!!!

;-d

We good!

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Lmfao your a fannyguy!!!

;-d

We good!

Indeed. We can team up to be fighters of customs dodgers.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 10:47 Quote
In that case I better fetch my mask and cape and bring down almighty fury on stw.com tax dodging, middle lane hogging, pillow biters.

:-)

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 10:52 Quote
No masks or capes.... A little too tyson fury is that now.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 10:56 Quote
Lol, yes quite!

Tyson Fury, champion bellend and one of the select few gypsies who grow up in a cottage surrounded by niceties (I could be wrong well the media could).

He's merely a passing fad, I'm a survivor and here to stay haha!

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 11:01 Quote
I know tyson is very off topic, but the topic was kinda dead anyway. Couldn't agree more about the champion bell-end bit. Can only hope the rematch exposes him. Or joshua, or haye, or the american chap. Basically anyone.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 11:47 Quote
OK - I will try one last time to spell it out for those of you who have trouble with reading comprehension.

I dont care about the customs fees. They're small and irrelevant and not the topic here. What I dislike is the brokerage processing fee.

If you select DHL shipping, you're consenting to pay their fees.

When you select untracked Canada Post, you're accepting whatever fees come with that.

I selected untracked Canada Post and they sent it DHL and as a direct result, I had to pay the DHL brokerage fee, WHICH I WOULDNT HAVE HAD TO PAY WITH CANADA POST. Worst case I would have had the same duty fee.

That fee was about 35% of the total order size.

Hopefully its more clear to you now.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:09 Quote
The point stands!

Your lookout with your local courier from customs - take it up with them!

Try supporting your local maybe next time.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:12 Quote
DHL will charge a COD and brokerage fee for clearing the item and paying fees up front. They also make sure all the duties are paid and tax.

Canadapost on the other hand only charges a $8 brokerage and taxes and for smaller shipments its often proccess through customs with nothing. For some reason Ive never seen them place a duty on a shipment item either but I bet if it was high dollar they would.

FWIW its too late but you can not accept shipments from crc and they go back to them and they refund the money. Even on free shipments you get all the money back. I once contacted them about returning an item that had shipped but I hadnt recieved it yet and they even instructed me decline the delievry to have it sent back. Pretty sweet.

No complants with CRC here other than shipping methods are getting wonky. I liked it when parcel force passed the pachage to canadapost. It was fast, you got a tracking and you dealt with canadapost on our end.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:12 Quote
Have you actually asked crc for a refund of the cost incurred? If you didn't choose that delivery it will be on your receipt. Seems like a phonecall could sort it easily.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018670
Mobile Version of Website