Powered by Outside

Doea anybody actually sell anything on pink bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Doea anybody actually sell anything on pink bike
Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
Bb is american dollar.
So if u 1700 u.s im sure he would of jumped at it.as it is more than his asking price.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
Thanks ctmd76. I'm new to this site, but have purchased a lot from ebay. His price was in US, and my offer in US dollars. But honestly, what was the issue that causes a seller to block a reasonable opening offer, with evidence of 2 identical sales being made for less than my offer?? Just confused as to the type of seller that gets so aggravated he 'blocks.' Like I said, weird.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 10:22 Quote
Some people r just wierd like that.i post bikes all the time.i never get oissed at any offer.i just counter offer or say no thanks.u where not in any way wrong at all with your offer .he will have that bike for ever.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
jeff101352 wrote:
Thanks ctmd76. I'm new to this site, but have purchased a lot from ebay. His price was in US, and my offer in US dollars. But honestly, what was the issue that causes a seller to block a reasonable opening offer, with evidence of 2 identical sales being made for less than my offer?? Just confused as to the type of seller that gets so aggravated he 'blocks.' Like I said, weird.

People can ask whatever they want for what they're selling. You don't have to pay that much and they don't have to entertain your reasoning.

What's actually unreasonable here is that you're publicly griefing about a named user who simply chose to not accept your offer, which it sounds like you at least doubled down on. That sort of, you know, signals the presence of an approach it might take to get blocked. I would probably do the same thing if someone who couldn't take no for an answer were wasting my time and blowing my inbox up.

I don't want to deter you from searching the classifieds here, but it sounds like it would do you well to re-calibrate your understanding of free market first.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
i am the user he is complaining about. i have been an active seller for over 6 years on here with a ton of sold items and bought items and nothing but positive from the buyers/sellers. it seems at first this seemed like anyone to post here would automatically be coddled and defended by only hearing their one side and not the others. he sent me a link of a BBB saying that he wanted to give me Trade IN value for my bike. so i told him to check again and i sent the link showing private party was 2600$. i didnt huff and buff all i did was send him the link in return and say that mine was the cheapest on pinkbike! he rebuttal saying he seen other bikes sell for less which i checked on ebay and others were selling for 3000. honestly it really doesnt matter. at this point i dont want to deal with him. i dont have to talk to anyone i dont want too. so by not even saying anything else to him i just blocked him.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/godii/mail/view/49251415/

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 15:15 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18543151/

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
and to publicly criticize me just tells you everything you need to know

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 15:32 Quote
I'm not trying to start a rant but couldn't understand a 'block' when I made an offer of 300 dollars less than his asking price, on a bike ad saying to make reasonable offers. And showing him 2 different sales for less than my offer. I just thought it was strange. I agree (100%) people can ask what they want as a price, and more power to them if they get it. This is business, and silly to take it personal. This is not a big deal for any of us, and if the seller took offense, then I didn't understand why, and am sorry he took my note the wrong way. And everyone is free to read my notes, they weren't offensive at all. That's really all there is to it.

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 18:05 Quote
Guys the bike blue book is a complete waste of time. A given bike or part is worth what buyers are willing to pay for it at the very moment you are in. I can tell you from vast experience that the same part or bike's value can change dramatically from one day to the next - for example, everything seems to be worth more on a Friday (pay day). There's no point in being a hard-nosed negotiator. For the parts i'm selling I know exactly what I can get for them (with VERY few exceptions)...you can show me all the "data" you want and you'll get absolutely nothing out of it. I don't care what someone else decided to sacrifice their part for, i'm not them.

And if i'm making you an offer for something you're selling, and your price is too high, i'll just move on to the next guy or wait a couple weeks after it's collected some dust.

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
DJPrOdigy wrote:
I've only ever bought 1 rim from pinkbike. It was listed as brand new. When I got the rim, you could see dirt around the eyelets and the spoke holes were slightly bent from tightening (so obviously used before)

And to top it off, he put a coin in the packaging with the rim???? When I unwrapped it, the rim was scratched to f*ck.

Go for ebay. Much better.

Oioi Savaloy! I'd not want a scratched up dirty bent rim

Phnar Phnar !

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 20:38 Quote
jeff101352 wrote:
I'm not trying to start a rant but couldn't understand a 'block' when I made an offer of 300 dollars less than his asking price, on a bike ad saying to make reasonable offers. And showing him 2 different sales for less than my offer. I just thought it was strange. I agree (100%) people can ask what they want as a price, and more power to them if they get it. This is business, and silly to take it personal. This is not a big deal for any of us, and if the seller took offense, then I didn't understand why, and am sorry he took my note the wrong way. And everyone is free to read my notes, they weren't offensive at all. That's really all there is to it.

M8 it's a Spesh!

He sold it now, tbf you got lucky dodging it

& likewise seller got lucky dodging a whingey low balling buyer (you)

End of!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026848
Mobile Version of Website