Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
Hey Guys - I just joined Pinkbike and have ordered a Jeffsy CF Pro Race 27. I had bought my son a Capra and have been so impressed with the bike and customer service that I decided to get me a YT. I can hardly wait!

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 12:05 Quote
Received my Jeffsy al2 27 Large the other day.
I just realized that it only has a 50mm stem.
According to the specs' it should be a 60mm
"35mm clamp, 50mm (S/M), 60mm (L/XL)"

For those of who which has the Large, what size is your stem?

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 0:33 Quote
Hello everyone. I plan to order JEFFSY AL Two 27 but I would like some advise on witch size to pick, M or L. Im 1m76, 81cm inseam.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 3:29 Quote
dviktor wrote:
Hello everyone. I plan to order JEFFSY AL Two 27 but I would like some advise on witch size to pick, M or L. Im 1m76, 81cm inseam.

I'm 180cm with 85cm inseam.
And I got the Large.
With the dropper all the way up it's OK for me, but would not have it any higher.
And with 4cm shorter inseam I think it would be a problem.

I was like You torned between M and L.
If I was 176. I would get the Medium without hesitation.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 3:35 Quote
@ronnikn Get the M
@SkipSkovhugger Had a chance to get out for a ride Wink ?

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 11:31 Quote
ronnikn wrote:
dviktor wrote:

I'm 180cm with 85cm inseam.
And I got the Large.
With the dropper all the way up it's OK for me, but would not have it any higher.
And with 4cm shorter inseam I think it would be a problem.

I was like You torned between M and L.
If I was 176. I would get the Medium without hesitation.

Yeah that bloody collar in the post is so wide... With riding shoes on its spot on for me to but i would prefer adjustment down too but it is what it is...

I haven't ride much because of the weather, but one thing i noticed that brakes feel soft.. maybe too soft. Perhaps some bleeding would be good to make even to a new bike?

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 11:45 Quote
Yeah I heard from many people who had to bleed the SRAM Guide brakes on a new bike to get the performance they were looking for...

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 11:45 Quote
DomaSXS wrote:

I haven't ride much because of the weather, but one thing i noticed that brakes feel soft.. maybe too soft. Perhaps some bleeding would be good to make even to a new bike?

Mine feels fine. But got plans to replace them with shimano XT in the future.

How long is you stem?

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 8:35 Quote
Yeah.. have to get bleeding kit first.

Can't remember how long stem i have... my bike is not in my living house yet so i'll check it when i get my bike here.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 15:06 Quote
I ordered Shimano XT brake set, rear mech, shifter, cassette and chain for my 27 CF One. Not even going to try the SRAM stuff, I will sell it brand new and hopefully break-even or better. XT is so cheap these days!

Thinking of ordering a 40mm stem to bring the reach in a bit on the large as well.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 6:18 Quote
sornyy wrote:
@ronnikn Get the M
@SkipSkovhugger Had a chance to get out for a ride Wink ?

Ah sorry, I'm not that active on forums anymore. But yes I've been on a few rides.
Running sag at 25% (I'm a bit heavy), since I didn't get any answers when I posed that question hehe.
But the bike rides very well, climbs easier than my old 29'er Camber EVO, and is a banshee on the way down compared to the old one. Much more agile as well.

Reach is exactly where it should be, I feel very centered and stable on the bike.
It's currently in the low setting, which does give me a few pedal strikes, but my timing might just be a bit off as well.

I can confirm that my brakes also feel a bit mushy. But so did the Guide R's I bought for my old bike, so I was expecting that. But with this bike running the S4 caliper, I will need the Bleeding Edge tool, to use with my Avid Pro Bleed Kit, before I can give them a proper bleed. My old ones were excellent after bleeding.

I do have a problem with the dropper though. It's the TRS+ one, and it can rotate at the top collar (seat mount), it's not the stanchion itself, but the top head assembly. So much so, that it's around 2½cm play from left to right, at the saddle tip.
My old KS, was almost rock solid in that regard. But the post seems to be easy to pull apart, due to it's full mechanical design. So I'll give that a whirl once I clear out the workshop, as it's currently used for storage.

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 6:07 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
I do have a problem with the dropper though. It's the TRS+ one, and it can rotate at the top collar (seat mount), it's not the stanchion itself, but the top head assembly. So much so, that it's around 2½cm play from left to right, at the saddle tip.
My old KS, was almost rock solid in that regard. But the post seems to be easy to pull apart, due to it's full mechanical design. So I'll give that a whirl once I clear out the workshop, as it's currently used for storage.

Hi,

Regarding E13 TRS, I have the same problem in my Jeffsy 27 Alu One. I am after third trip around the city and I noticed -+ 1cm play left/right. It looks like it is top collar, I put saddle off and collar head is rotating slightly itself. Have you checked it already? In my opinion there could be something wrong with gold pivot installed there ... but after 3rd ride? strange Big Grin

Cheers,
Maciek

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 12:44 Quote
Anyone riding a jeffsy 27 who has had a capra before? Any comparisons? Much appreciated.

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 4:10 Quote
MacieIKS wrote:
SkipSkovhugger wrote:

Hi,

Regarding E13 TRS, I have the same problem in my Jeffsy 27 Alu One. I am after third trip around the city and I noticed -+ 1cm play left/right. It looks like it is top collar, I put saddle off and collar head is rotating slightly itself. Have you checked it already? In my opinion there could be something wrong with gold pivot installed there ... but after 3rd ride? strange Big Grin

Cheers,
Maciek

If you look at what you quoted yourself, you can see that we're both talking about the entire head assembly rotating.
So yes, it's the same thing. Mine did it out of the box Frown

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 7:00 Quote
Fyi: Jeffsy 27 has an ISCG05 mount, Jeffsy 29 not!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024574
Mobile Version of Website