Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 0:35 Quote
Diabeast wrote:
Rawkus777 wrote:
now that looks awesome!!

What size tyres are you running? how are you getting on with wide rims?

Thanks bro Smile These are the 2.5 WT Minions and they feel really good. Have only gotten two rides in on the bike and the weather has been terrible. Hoping for less snow this weekend Smile

A fellow stealth black owner. Looks lovely, though of course I would say that. I look forward to a full review of the LT!

Are you running some sort of bottle cage adapter there? It looks a lot lot lower in the frame than mine. I'm guessing it's a large too?

I don't suppose you could take a pic of the clearance with the 2.5s at the back?[/Quote]

Yes I have a Shimano Di2 battery adapter that I am using to get the bottle lower in the frame. I will take some pics of the clearance soon and post them but I will say I think there is plenty of clearance still. I raced the bike at a mini DH race at the Forest of Dean this weekend and it was amazing! The only thing holding it back was me. My friend who was on the non LT version got 2nd in masters amongst the DH bikes and a few elites.

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 8:34 Quote
What fork would you pair up to the 145LT .. pike or lyrik?

I'm confused about the difference between - i used to know lyrik was heavier and more burly but they have the same size stanctions (35mm). What is the difference between the 2 at 160mm?

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 9:15 Quote
trickydisco78 wrote:
What fork would you pair up to the 145LT .. pike or lyrik?

I'm confused about the difference between - i used to know lyrik was heavier and more burly but they have the same size stanctions (35mm). What is the difference between the 2 at 160mm?
stiffer,skf seals,generally a better fork.theres a few side by side comparisons on line,although the 2018 forks maybe closer to being identical than the previous years.

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 1:50 Quote
Hi there, I should receive my Aeris 145 today by UPS. I should normally get the two linkage, with a Lyrik 160 in front. I will post pictures as soon as I have time to start the big unpacking !

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 8:35 Quote
Aeris XL, got a black Ergon saddle, sram chainring and DVO jade on order so i can raw the frame and have some sort of colour scheme going
photo

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
Aeris XL, got a black Ergon saddle, sram chainring and DVO jade on order so i can raw the frame and have some sort of colour scheme going
photo
if you raw It off,make sure you coat it after polishing,or it will just tarnish straight away.I used Everbright coating on mine.

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 9:39 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
photo

What forks you running?

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 16:31 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Ed-Tyler wrote:
photo
if you raw It off,make sure you coat it after polishing,or it will just tarnish straight away.I used Everbright coating on mine.
Ah cheers man ????what did you use to get the paint Off? And you know if bird kicks up a fuss if you raw it (warranty wise)?

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 16:32 Quote
trickydisco78 wrote:
Ed-Tyler wrote:
photo

What forks you running?
DVO emeralds, the only forks I've ever used that I've actually got to feel right , absolutely mint

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 22:02 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
Ed-Tyler wrote:
photo
Ah cheers man ????what did you use to get the paint Off? And you know if bird kicks up a fuss if you raw it (warranty wise)?
the guy who I bought the frame off stripped most of it with paint stripper and wet n dry.No heat was involved.But it was all tarnished,so I stripped the frame down and set about it with wet n dry and metal polish.Took ages!
Then I used Ever-bright coating and wiped it on,its holding up ok at the moment,no tarnishing,just surface scratches from mud on shorts on top tube.I asked about the warranty,Bird said they would have to look at the frame and assses it if it was to break,so no clear answer on that one really.

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 23:36 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
trickydisco78 wrote:
Ed-Tyler wrote:
photo

What forks you running?
DVO emeralds, the only forks I've ever used that I've actually got to feel right , absolutely mint

I think you’re getting your jewels mixed up Wink

If I had to replace my Avalanche Pike fork tomorrow it would probably be with a DVO Diamond. I like what they are doing as a company and I love the tune-ability of their damping. I believe servicing their stuff is a doddle too.

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 2:07 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Ed-Tyler wrote:
trickydisco78 wrote:

What forks you running?

I think you’re getting your jewels mixed up Wink

If I had to replace my Avalanche Pike fork tomorrow it would probably be with a DVO Diamond. I like what they are doing as a company and I love the tune-ability of their damping. I believe servicing their stuff is a doddle too.

Diamonds, emeralds they're all the same right? Wink
Yeah I've spoken to Ronnie a few times back when I had some zocchis and with the diamond, super super helpful you wouldn't get anything like that from other brands. They sell every part of their products as spares as well so if anything breaks out of warranty you won't be stuck without

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 6:59 Quote
Thanks dude, that’s not helping at all while I wait for my raw AM9 to arrive Cry Big Grin

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 8:11 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Thanks dude, that’s not helping at all while I wait for my raw AM9 to arrive Cry Big Grin
think that am9 gunna be a popular bike.Ill have to get a demo,see what it's like on the dark side(29ers)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031531
Mobile Version of Website