Powered by Outside

What is to Light?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What is to Light?
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 23:18 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
g10ry wrote:
s-t-e-v-e wrote:

Sorry, I was hoping to see his planned spec list.

Where do you get that a stock demo weighs 38lbs? Looking at the spec that sounds way off. If you actualy measured it the scale must be wrong because there's no way it weighs 38lbs.

well the scale couldnt have been off. cause we weighed a v10 on the same one and it came up around 40 just like its supposed to be according to the sc website. so it couldnt have been lieing when it said 38 for the demo ?

Thats weird, what demo 8 are you looking at the I or the II? the II has some light stuff on it but I still can't see it being that light it looks like it would be around 40. The weights in the bike builder on the santacruz website are based on the part manufactures claimed weights, which are rarely accurate so if the scale shows the v10 as 40lbs like on the sc website then it is most likely off by a few pounds(Like wilson4 said, his bike is almost 2lbs over what it should be if the claimed weights on all his parts were true).

well as far as my calculations go my bike will be exactly 33.96 lbs using a demo 8II frame.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 23:19 Quote
Post up your spec list.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 23:20 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
Post up your spec list.

how come you dont believe me ?

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 0:03 Quote
dude, you gotta post up this spec list. You have been avoiding putting it up, but continue to claim that this is possible. No one is against you, we are all just curious and want to see what you have planned.
I am skeptical about this demo 8 weighing 38lbs stock. My buddy has a brand new one downstairs in his garage and it tips the scale at 40.96lbs.
Seriously man, were just curious to see this spec list, post it up.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 0:42 Quote
hcg1 wrote:
dude, you gotta post up this spec list. You have been avoiding putting it up, but continue to claim that this is possible. No one is against you, we are all just curious and want to see what you have planned.
I am skeptical about this demo 8 weighing 38lbs stock. My buddy has a brand new one downstairs in his garage and it tips the scale at 40.96lbs.
Seriously man, were just curious to see this spec list, post it up.

Yeah I never called you a liar, i'd just like to see what parts you have in mind because to get a bike like a demo that light you'd have to get pretty crazy with the parts. If you can actualy get a demo that light then why not let us know how? Avoiding putting up a spec list just makes it look like your full of it.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 1:33 Quote
g10rys lying bekusx hes wrong hahahaha hahahaha

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 8:38 Quote
I did see some article in MBA a while ago saying they had built up a 35 pound demo 7. If the weights they use are accurate than
I would say you could potentially get like a 35-36 pound demo. They were using an air shock and a totem solo air, and a bunch of carbon and road parts though.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
g10ry wrote:
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
Post up your spec list.

how come you dont believe me ?

A 33 pound demo, come on luke, if the bikes that light, then your gonna replace everything but the frame and the fork by the end of the season, and it will probably cost ten grand to build.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
boxxerman wrote:
I did see some article in MBA a while ago saying they had built up a 35 pound demo 7. If the weights they use are accurate than
I would say you could potentially get like a 35-36 pound demo. They were using an air shock and a totem solo air, and a bunch of carbon and road parts though.

MBA is also a trendwhore mag, and could have gotten it down lighter with a different build. Why didn't they? They wanted the lightest trendwhore bike, not the lightest bike for the job.

MBA blows.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 16:27 Quote
w.e guys i know that im right and when i have my 33-34 lb demo ill be sure to post a picture of it for you guys Wink

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
Why won't you say the spec though? I haven't said anything bad about a light bike.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
g10ry wrote:
w.e guys i know that im right and when i have my 33-34 lb demo ill be sure to post a picture of it for you guys Wink

Hey, after the first real dh race on your 33-34 pound demo, post a picture of the first broken leightweight part.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
boxxerman wrote:
g10ry wrote:

Hey, after the first real dh race on your 33-34 pound demo, post a picture of the first broken leightweight part.

dont worry im pretty sure i wont have to.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
okay, i'm asking this nicely, can you please post up a rough spec list for our amusement?

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
okay, i'm asking this nicely, can you please post up a rough spec list for our amusement?

i would but honestly that is just going to start a million arguments about things not being the right weight and such

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012786
Mobile Version of Website