Powered by Outside

HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 5:09 Quote
xr200racer wrote:
alright now im gettind the sas built up with the geisha hus forsure i just bent the hell out of my stock rim trying 180's so bombproof might prove to be good tup

There you go man! I think you'll like them. go for it!

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 5:11 Quote
[Quote="jallan"]
motiv303 wrote:
jallan wrote:

His comment was brilliant, lay off them.[/Quote

we already cleared up that comment and he was being sarcastic, so yes, it was a brilliant comment, I agree!

As far as the SAS's I have them front and back with spin doctors, rear is the 48 spoke and i love them, no problems at all. I've had them only for 2 months, but I'm a pretty big guy. 5'10 1/2", 215 lbs. no cracks, no hops, no nothing, smooth as hell. highly recomend them!

Cleared that one up for you lol.

Agree'd on the wheels Razz
and
his comment made me laugh, its true though so many people assume somehting must be shit because their mate broke it.

Right on man! I accidentally typed my comment in the middle of his, so it looked all f*cked up. I had to laugh at that too though. just because you know somebody that broke ONE that does not mean that they are shit at all.

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
ive had combats and ive now got dmr dvs i prefer the dv alot more, the combats ding really easily
but why dont you just have a dmr hub on halo rims?

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
i've got a halo sas 49h 24" on my urban bike, that things a beast. i blew a tube casing a 4' drainage ditch (full of jagged rocks) at diablo and ended up rolling 100' on a shitty fireroad before i realized and that thing is still perfect. i have heard of the spindoctors blowing but that didnt stop me from picking up a set of 26" tornados on doctors. love that shit.

either way tho, UK represent.

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 6:56 Quote
dust4life wrote:
i've got a halo sas 49h 24" on my urban bike, that things a beast. i blew a tube casing a 4' drainage ditch (full of jagged rocks) at diablo and ended up rolling 100' on a shitty fireroad before i realized and that thing is still perfect. i have heard of the spindoctors blowing but that didnt stop me from picking up a set of 26" tornados on doctors. love that shit.

I assume you mean 48h not 49, but i have the same, they rock!

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 7:35 Quote
Ive had Halo Tornados & SAS's on Hope Big'Un Hubs - yes they may be old school hubs but they are imensly strong, they are a perfect partner.

Im gonna stick with SAS's I dont think they will break anytime soon!

Plus they look super sick!

I dont care how heavy they are, Id prefer to have a heavier rim that will last than replace my lighter rims more often! Hence the change from Tornados to SAS's

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 8:38 Quote
underoath wrote:
Ive had Halo Tornados & SAS's on Hope Big'Un Hubs - yes they may be old school hubs but they are imensly strong, they are a perfect partner.

Im gonna stick with SAS's I dont think they will break anytime soon!

Plus they look super sick!

I dont care how heavy they are, Id prefer to have a heavier rim that will last than replace my lighter rims more often! Hence the change from Tornados to SAS's

Smart man! SAS Rock!

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 8:51 Quote
Atom lab wheels kill

than mavic

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 8:53 Quote
pimpsmack wrote:
Atom lab wheels kill

than mavic

Heard good things about both of them too, especially atomlab rims, but still heard of more of those two brands being bent and busted than SAS'S

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 9:25 Quote
motiv303 wrote:
dust4life wrote:

good catch, GREAT rim. I'm matching it with a pimplite (if atomlab ever ships it....)
also this convo has sparked my interest in dmr parts... anyone know where i can get my hands on some v12 mags in oxblood here in the states? tup

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
Got my Halo SAS gold 24" rim on order to lace with a DMR SS 6pawl revol hub. Best of both worlds.

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
dgal wrote:
Got my Halo SAS gold 24" rim on order to lace with a DMR SS 6pawl revol hub. Best of both worlds.
even got the best color Big Grin the gold ano is beautiful

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
dust4life wrote:
motiv303 wrote:
dust4life wrote:

good catch, GREAT rim. I'm matching it with a pimplite (if atomlab ever ships it....)
also this convo has sparked my interest in dmr parts... anyone know where i can get my hands on some v12 mags in oxblood here in the states? tup

As far as your Atomlab rim, it may take a while bro. It took 14 days for me to get my pimp bars and a t-shirt and they are only 3 states away from me. Something f*cked up is going on there with their customer service and shipping depts. They are taking forever and not calling or E-mailing people back when they try to get info on their order. So, good luck man!

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
yeah the only person in the company that seems to respond is Mike who initially helped me put together my wheel. I was told 1 week to build then 1 week to ship, and right now its 2 1/2 weeks in and i'd be blown away if they've even gotten the pieces together yet. there needs to be some kind of mass firing of ALab's slacking employees...

on a side note an old WTB laserdisc&hub i found is holding up remarkably well, even after 2 weeks of my friend attempting footjam whips. starting to wobble tho Frown

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
dust4life wrote:
yeah the only person in the company that seems to respond is Mike who initially helped me put together my wheel. I was told 1 week to build then 1 week to ship, and right now its 2 1/2 weeks in and i'd be blown away if they've even gotten the pieces together yet. there needs to be some kind of mass firing of ALab's slacking employees...

on a side note an old WTB laserdisc&hub i found is holding up remarkably well, even after 2 weeks of my friend attempting footjam whips. starting to wobble tho Frown

Definitely agree on the mass firing. I ended up in contact with the president of Atomlab and he got the show on hte road for me and told me to call him directly next time I ordered (because i told him i was treated badly and would probably not ever order from them again, even though I love their products)and he would take care of the order for me and make sure it was done right. That's pretty cool!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025264
Mobile Version of Website