PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
halo combats vs halo sas
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 at 0:01 Quote
attomicben wrote:
i think im probs goin 2 go wid the combats cos there cheeper and not much worse
dont get combats, sas are bomb proof

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
SAS all the way ... im getting some for my curtis trailboss jump/street frame
also, sas are not heavy, some people really need to go to the gym and there are quite a few 'kids' on this forum so i guess that explains it..

ran combats on my old setup and they feel sweet but i wouldnt trust them too much though, front was fine but the rear starts to buckle slightly. but its all good for me since 24" SAS rims are lighter and a hell of a lot stronger than 26" combats so im saving weight anyway xD

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 5:27 Quote
lets put it this way i am 6ft4" 17yrs and 17stone i have White SAS with black spin doctors for about a month now and they acctually are bomb proof!
i will vouch for these bad boys got mine of wiggle £166 for the two complete wheels

the weight for me is not an issue i play rugby and have the muscle to throw them around love them.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
i had combats and had to get them trued ALL the time. got SAS now and havent had any problems with them coming untrue, but the rear hub needs a bit of maintenence atm (this is after like year of hard riding)

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
with the sas rims and or combat. where it ses combat and sas can u take those stickers off or have they got some sort of coat over the top?

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
wipeass-jack wrote:
with the sas rims and or combat. where it ses combat and sas can u take those stickers off or have they got some sort of coat over the top?

where it says sas on my rims it isnt a sticker, its like engraved

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
true. i was hoping it was a sticker so i could just have all black rims. do u know of any other strong rims for dj/street/4x that u can make all black or just come all black?

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 at 23:21 Quote
b3nn wrote:
wipeass-jack wrote:

where it says sas on my rims it isnt a sticker, its like engraved
my sas (white) are just a sticker

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 at 23:45 Quote
:S well theyd all be the same im sure???? so one of u is wrong lol

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 at 23:50 Quote
maybe his are a newer model or mine are???

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 0:02 Quote
when did u get urs? the ones i would be getting are these
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12318

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 6:22 Quote
ive had quite a few over the last 3 years, all off crc and theyve all been like engraved. mine are black though.

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 8:05 Quote
wipeass-jack wrote:
when did u get urs? the ones i would be getting are these
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12318
i bought the entire wheel not just the rim so it could be that

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 8:33 Quote
i bought entire wheels and custom built ones (sas on pro2ss and theyve all been the same)

Posted: Nov 25, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
I've got some gold SAs n there are visible weld marks...help!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020024
Mobile Version of Website