Powered by Outside

What's better american football or rugby?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
What's better american football or rugby?
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 2:18 Quote
t3aSeR wrote:
South Africa is the sh*t!!! 2007 IRB WC Winners

yeah but matt tate scord that try easy which was disallowed

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 2:25 Quote
Rugby, you don't need all that protection to play exactly the same game.Whip

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 2:53 Quote
Who cares? It's dependant on which game your prefer. There is no "best". They're both f*cking boring as hell to me. Stop, start, stop, start. f*cking tedious shit. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 2:58 Quote
dec*nto wrote:
Who cares? It's dependant on which game your prefer. There is no "best". They're both f*cking boring as hell to me. Stop, start, stop, start. f*cking tedious shit. I'd rather watch paint dry.
Wow. That was one of the stupidest things ive heard.

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 3:26 Quote
macacid wrote:
dec*nto wrote:
Wow. That was one of the stupidest things ive heard.

Oh, so I disagree with you, therefore my opinion is "the stupidest thing you've ever heard". Glad to hear you're so self rightious. So you LOVE rugby, good for you, I think it's f*cking boring, I'm not getting at you, I'm happy you like it - but I DONT - so get over yourself.

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 4:44 Quote
rugby anyday.

but when it comes to rugby... one of the most boring teams ive ever seen, has to be england. i never enjoy watching england. they have a tedious habit of closing the game down, making it slow, and giving it to jonnny every five minutes for another drop goal or penalty. they never play with any style. yes im english, but i can still admit they are a terrible team to watch. i dont think they deserved to get to the final.

FL
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 5:38 Quote
Rugby is better.

I have respect for american football too, but rugby is just better

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 5:55 Quote
you cannot beat rugby, its the sport of kings

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 5:56 Quote
luke24 wrote:
rugby anyday.

but when it comes to rugby... one of the most boring teams ive ever seen, has to be england. i never enjoy watching england. they have a tedious habit of closing the game down, making it slow, and giving it to jonnny every five minutes for another drop goal or penalty. they never play with any style. yes im english, but i can still admit they are a terrible team to watch. i dont think they deserved to get to the final.
so true man

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 5:56 Quote
gozza wrote:
you cannot beat rugby, its the sport of kings
WRONG, mouniking is the sport of kings, who's with me?

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 5:59 Quote
definately i would have to say 100% american football.
i even come from wales nd i prefer american football to rugby. rugby is just sucha boring game

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 6:24 Quote
Rugby, cause the only good thing to come from america in a long time is, ...., o ya, nothing.lol

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 6:33 Quote
120% FOOTBALL all the wayBig Grin

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 6:37 Quote
RUGBY!!!WOOO!!!

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 6:41 Quote
I would say rugby. Reason why?

Sports is like sex(lol?)tup . I'll explain.

Rugby and football(soccer) are much more intense games then American football or basketball. Rugby and football are basically a real game of strategy, they play in a more intense crowed and players. Rugby and football are invented by Europeans and we all know about the stereotypes Europeans who are more loving and more sexually active then Americans. Those sports from Europe have a much longer foreplay than orgasms. Look at rugby, there is no thumb ball, no incomplete. Thumb ball? The game continues. interception? the game continues and so on and so forth. Same thing with football, The game is not won by 80 points like basketball, they are won by like 1 - 0. Football is a complex game because there are so many factor that can turn the table.

Now on to American football, basketball and i can add a bit of baseball. American football is like a quicky, you throw the ball, the receiver catches it, he runs, he scores. For me, there is no excitement in that. Plus, the game can be stopped at anytime of the moment... And why do they need so much points, 6 points for scoring? plus another 1 for kicking it over the goal, 2 scoring again.
On to basketball. Basketball is played in a smaller field witch increases the chance of getting a lot more scores than any game. Also, basketball is such a fast tempo'ed game, run, pass, pass, pass, shoot, pass pass shoot, run, pass shoot.
And now for baseball. Baseball is a game i would never play, you have a player hitty a bloody ball and running... THATS ALL? The game is all about climax and no foreplay.
The game is so boring, i would compare it to golf. Anyhow... baseball is in my opinion a game of brute force and some speed, thats it, there are barley any strategies to play from. Rugby plays full contact with no pads or armor except for there funky hat. So why American football aren't doing the same? The game is more interesting because we see much people getting destroyed and smashed.

Generally i have nothing against any of these sports, i just prefer rugby over American football and i'm giving my opinion at the same time.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015124
Mobile Version of Website