but they wouldnt say anything cos there is way more of us than them

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 0:57 Quote
pimpsmack wrote:
where i live the skaters are chill and let you grind whatever

i guess im lucky

oh yeah plegs and rollers are a joke

try a nose pick on roller pegs

or a rough concrete ledge with plegs

I agree about the roller pegs, they've got to be the dumbest thing I've seen. But plegs have their place, obviously they aren't made to be grinding rough cement ledges.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 1:04 Quote
i shouldn't have to spend more $$$ to do my style of riding

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 1:05 Quote
even tho i cant resist the great deals on pinkbike Wink

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 1:05 Quote
schizo1187 wrote:

When your style of riding damages a community resource yes you should.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 1:09 Quote
schizo1187 wrote:

You could complain to the city council about the skaters, but I doubt they'll do anything about them. After all it's a skate park, not a bike park(think of it as if we're their geusts and need to comply to their rules). Other then that if they don't mellow out the only thing you can really do is tough it out and buy plegs.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 1:11 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
schizo1187 wrote:

When your style of riding damages a community resource yes you should.

Not all ledges get damaged. My park is still fine from many pegs getting slammed on it. Skaters still ride it too. Really there trucks damage stuff too, yet they can't notice that. They just generally don't like us as that dumb hatred it going on for too long. We all need to stop it and get it along and ride the same stuff.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 1:13 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
schizo1187 wrote:

You could complain to the city council about the skaters, but I doubt they'll do anything about them. After all it's a skate park, not a bike park(think of it as if we're their geusts and need to comply to their rules). Other then that if they don't mellow out the only thing you can really do is tough it out and buy plegs.

That term is no good now a days. Most cities build parks for both bikes and skateboards and scooters and such. So really I think they should be named as a "youth" park like Surrey has done with some of there parks.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 3:05 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
I agree about the roller pegs, they've got to be the dumbest thing I've seen. But plegs have their place, obviously they aren't made to be grinding rough cement ledges.

hmmmm i thought thats what they were made for...and if your allowed to grind at the park...why not buy em!...

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 7:44 Quote
The problem people have with Plegs is that when they put them on, they start to grind unwaxed ledges or very rough ledges that you couldn't grind with steel pegs. Yes, the Pleg will wear down extremely fast if you do that. The Pleg can slide on it, but you're going to pay for it when they need replacing after a couple rides.

If you just grind what you would with steel pegs, you'll be fine with Plegs. Don't ride rough brick ledges or non waxed things. They are plastic and they won't last forever, but really, it's $12 US for two new Pleg sleeves.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 8:59 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
comoxdh wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:

Just because they're the majority, doesn't make them right.
Democracy at its best.

we need a dictator......

Sounds different than a democracy to me. I find that minorities are often given huge leeway. politics don't translate well into a skatepark, though.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 10:01 Quote
F*ckin tell them to stop being bitches. Why do you think parks are built? They're made for a abuse. Yeah, you are going to damage that coping but so are skaters. Ride the shit out of it if you want, just be happy you don't have to pay to replace. Skaters are such b*tches! They go through the same struggles as BMX'ers do with not being aloud to ride certain areas, being kicked out and being looked down upon from people who believe were out there to destroy public property and vandalize, yet they find a need to segregate themselves.

F*ck Them!

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 10:12 Quote
crispen wrote:
F*ckin tell them to stop being bitches. Why do you think parks are built? They're made for a abuse. Yeah, you are going to damage that coping but so are skaters. Ride the shit out of it if you want, just be happy you don't have to pay to replace. Skaters are such b*tches! They go through the same struggles as BMX'ers do with not being aloud to ride certain areas, being kicked out and being looked down upon from people who believe were out there to destroy public property and vandalize, yet they find a need to segregate themselves.

F*ck Them!

Its attitudes like that that cause disputes and ends up with some one getting a nice independent logo stamped to the back of their head.

Sometimes its better to take a small loss then say lose the park or make it so f*ck tards will purposely do all they can to make it harder for you to ride.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
feels like theres alot of tension in that park already between people on bikes and people on skateboards smashing each other with out equipment isnt gonna fix it, give it a couple months and no one is gonna give a crap if you use your pegs , unless your just hacking up the same rail over and over,then you might get noticed . most of its ledges anyways kinda hard to damage ledges.no matter what theres gonna be some loud mouth skater kid that wines about hitting ledges .......f*ck em

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
paleale wrote:
feels like theres alot of tension in that park already between people on bikes and people on skateboards smashing each other with out equipment isnt gonna fix it, give it a couple months and no one is gonna give a crap if you use your pegs , unless your just hacking up the same rail over and over,then you might get noticed . most of its ledges anyways kinda hard to damage ledges.no matter what theres gonna be some loud mouth skater kid that wines about hitting ledges .......f*ck em

sadly enough the same can go for bikers...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014535
Mobile Version of Website