Powered by Outside

Essex

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 2:32 Quote
Look on google earth for wivenhoe and go to alresford and look for cockaines lane- there in a wood just off there.

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 5:27 Quote
Is it a big wood?

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 5:28 Quote
yeah, pretty big

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 5:29 Quote
So if I found the wood on google earth theyd be hard to find inside?

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 5:32 Quote
Nope. On a corner down cockanes lane theres a little path leading off and you just follow that into the woods and the jumps are all over in the woods.

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 5:33 Quote
Oh ok thanks ill probably go see them when I get my SXT back and am in Gt. Bentley, thanks

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 5:36 Quote
no problem matey Salute

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
I live in Basildon Essex any one know some trials suitable for bmx's which are fairly easy for a beginner ? I prefer park but want to get into some dirt jumping Smile
Also any good skateparks to visit would be willing to travel up to a hour if there good..

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
erm bluebells is a good place for dj riders

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
DirtJumpDanny wrote:
Nope. On a corner down cockanes lane theres a little path leading off and you just follow that into the woods and the jumps are all over in the woods.

Are these jumps for locals or is it cool for new people to ride them also is there any small jumps that would be OK for beginners.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
I dunno, there not mine. I've only been there once but I'm sure it'll be cool. There is a few smaller jumps for beginners but most of the jumps are pretty big. If you're traveling a long way to ride them then it wouldn't really be worth it as there are only about 5 small jumps and there not exactly smooth.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 11:18 Quote
Ya I went to Arlesford the big line had been blocked by a wall of dirt but the two medium jumps were quite flowy and pumpy but on the second one the landing needed to be way higher or longer but it was a nice day Smile

Also theres a quarry next to it and found some sweet roll ins and drops

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 13:16 Quote
Cool. Sorry I couldn't come down. I wondered if it was worth going over to the quarry. The drops wouldn't be much fun on rigids anyway Razz

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 13:20 Quote
Yeah the quarry was fun Smile On a full squisher fo sho. I did like the two mediumish djs though quite flowy just need to build that 2nd landing.

Posted: Nov 13, 2009 at 11:24 Quote
brad1001 wrote:
lukekona wrote:
Go on www.tourdeessex.co.uk for a list of places to ride in essex.
anyone wanna meet up for a ride.ive just moved to basildon and am a bit lost for riding buddys.
dont mind where i go either.
thanks
yh i will mate but thats quite far away 4 me

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023438
Mobile Version of Website