What bmx rims are the best?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What bmx rims are the best?
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 21:34 Quote
my friend has a 7ka and airs like 6 feet out of a quarter and regularly cases with like 45 psi or less, i'm always hearing the rim hit the coping. so far theres only one little ding in the sidewall but it spins damn near true. i think his last rim was a primo and it got hammered. we pretty much swear by 7ka's around hear. it'll probably be my next rim. or maybe a gsport they seem dope but i have no experience with them. i got hazard lites now and they're great.

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 14:15 Quote
Acully stock haro rims are better then g sport

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 14:54 Quote
Nashmeyer wrote:
+1 to that, single walled pinned rims are simply the best for even the most hack of a rider Wink

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 15:04 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:
Nashmeyer wrote:
+1 to that, single walled pinned rims are simply the best for even the most hack of a rider Wink

My friends haro had a single wall rim on it, I think it was an alienation pbr, and I don't know how it hasn't folded in half. He goes huge and his frame shows it, the back end is bent so when riding straight it looks like a dog, the chainstay and seat stay bridge are both snapped and now the head tube has snapped... Yet the single wall pinned rim hasn't died, wtf?

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 15:08 Quote
alexrieger94 wrote:
robloveshiskona wrote:
Nashmeyer wrote:

My friends haro had a single wall rim on it, I think it was an alienation pbr, and I don't know how it hasn't folded in half. He goes huge and his frame shows it, the back end is bent so when riding straight it looks like a dog, the chainstay and seat stay bridge are both snapped and now the head tube has snapped... Yet the single wall pinned rim hasn't died, wtf?
what i find even to believe is that that frame your buddy rides was a sunday, crazzy what they can stand up to Eek

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 16:59 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:
alexrieger94 wrote:
robloveshiskona wrote:

what i find even to believe is that that frame your buddy rides was a sunday, crazzy what they can stand up to Eek
haha boys I was simply kidding g sports are nice althiugh my bros haro rims are tough as nails

Posted: May 14, 2011 at 10:42 Quote
nick09 wrote:
sjv13 wrote:
tweek062 wrote:
odyssey hazzard lite for the back and 7k-A front
that makes no sense. you want the stronger rim in the back.
thank you! someone who finally agrees with me...
whats wrong with a strong front rim

you want a back rim that is strong enough for your riding style and a lighter (not weaker) front rim

Posted: May 14, 2011 at 12:45 Quote
Gsport ribcage or oddy 7ka if you want less weight but i reccomend the ribcage

Posted: May 15, 2011 at 10:09 Quote
tweek062 wrote:
nick09 wrote:
sjv13 wrote:
that makes no sense. you want the stronger rim in the back.

you want a back rim that is strong enough for your riding style and a lighter (not weaker) front rim
7KA's are stronger than Hazard Lites. That's what they're getting at.

Posted: May 15, 2011 at 19:26 Quote
justin99 wrote:
tweek062 wrote:
nick09 wrote:

7KA's are stronger than Hazard Lites. That's what they're getting at.
they are lighter.
there is no reason to make sure you have a weak front rim.

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 9:27 Quote
RoryKtownX2 wrote:
primo balance 7005...got one rather recently and have been riding the crap out of it and hasn't gone out of true yet
Primo isnt the Best mate, definitely if you ride hard. I would recommend Odyssey hazard Lite.
I dented my Primo Balance 7 series from a flip so.

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:10 Quote
chrisatwood wrote:
RoryKtownX2 wrote:
primo balance 7005...got one rather recently and have been riding the crap out of it and hasn't gone out of true yet
Primo isnt the Best mate, definitely if you ride hard. I would recommend Odyssey hazard Lite.

hahaha I'm running a hazard lite in the back also a great rim... shitty about the dent, but I still stand behind primo always liked their stuff

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 19:00 Quote
hey guys, sorry to thread-jack, but i was wondering if 36h front rim and 48h back is stronger or just go with 36h front and back? btw, rims would be hazard lites or 7-ka.
Thanks, Brad

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 2:40 Quote
RoryKtownX2 wrote:
chrisatwood wrote:
RoryKtownX2 wrote:

hahaha I'm running a hazard lite in the back also a great rim... shitty about the dent, but I still stand behind primo always liked their stuff

Yeah i like their stuff but id just stay son't pay thier prices if you ride hard. Primo is Nice rim if your just chilling not extreme riding x

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 19:42 Quote
jughead12 wrote:
hey guys, sorry to thread-jack, but i was wondering if 36h front rim and 48h back is stronger or just go with 36h front and back? btw, rims would be hazard lites or 7-ka.
Thanks, Brad
36h should be plenty strong. especially if you get 7kas

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027688
Mobile Version of Website