Powered by Outside

Which fork is your favorite downhill specific fork.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Which fork is your favorite downhill specific fork.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 19:34 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
Pitcrew wrote:
g10ry wrote:
wow. there the same fork with diffrent lowers. doesnt make them ride ne diffrent .srryEek

I think he just doesnt like the grey color?

yea im pretty sure they are the same thing... white dows look sweet though

I think I was joking, as the color makes no difference.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 19:38 Quote
oh ok good thing you were kidding for a while i thought u were an idiot. Razz

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 19:40 Quote
g10ry wrote:
oh ok good thing you were kidding for a while i thought u were an idiot. Razz

I was trying to say that the other guy was picking a fork on color.. which would be dumb.. I though that would have gotten across.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 19:41 Quote
lol oh no makes sence now. it was just funny when i first read it.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 19:46 Quote
40's are meant to be race only forks... freerinding on them jus puts them threw stress that they are not made for so they break... but if used properly they are butter smooth... but i still say 888's becuase they will last mroe racing years than a 40

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 19:55 Quote
all of you are wrong. the best is boxxers. they are light and the best downhillers in the world ride them, SAM HILL,STEVE PEAT,BRYN ATKINSON, AND NATHAN RENNIE

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 19:58 Quote
mtbiker1 wrote:
all of you are wrong. the best is boxxers. they are light and the best downhillers in the world ride them, SAM HILL,STEVE PEAT,BRYN ATKINSON, AND NATHAN RENNIE

uhh, that could be becuase they get them for free. i would ride any halfway decent fork if i got it for free.
but anyway, yeah boxxers are really nice.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 20:05 Quote
boxxers and 40s love to go throuh lots of seals and bushings, its nice that sam and the rest of the boys have a few spares around.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 20:24 Quote
x fusion delta8- 35mm axle, inverted, 40mm stanchions, 7.7lbs= Nuts

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 11:23 Quote
magicaltrevor wrote:
I was trying to say that the other guy was picking a fork on color.. which would be dumb.. I though that would have gotten across.
I hope ur not refering to me, if u are, i didnt pick the 40 cause the color, i just meant to say i like the white more than the grey color...

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 15:26 Quote
will54869 wrote:
wow ur dumb, downhill specific fork....
do u know how many countless WC wins the 40s have, now how many times have they snapped, or even show any weakness? none. 40s are the best downhill specific fork on the market with the boxxer wc coming in second. have you ever been to whistler..., component proving groud, atleast half of the whistler locals ride them and if that isnt freeride i dont know what is. also when you go off a 50 foot cliff, the fork barley ever breaks anyway, it is the headtube, bottmbracket, and sometimes the frame linkage.
dude 40s are about the weakest fork ever as far as tuning goes. my seals bust evry 10 rides lol..thats when i said screw fox and i changed to boxxer. i have a 888 which i use on occasion in bad conditions or if i'm gonna do some big drops that day. 40s do how ever offer an amazing ride but is it really worth it if you have to ship your fork to the dealer in the middle of the summer?

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 15:31 Quote
For me i love my 03 Dorado and as soona s the new one is available i will be getting one. Great feeling fork, I have riden this year alone boxxers,888,sherman slider+ and i still come back to my dorado.

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 15:34 Quote
05 Dorado MRD X works 180

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 19:49 Quote
krazer wrote:
Super Monsters

its downhill specific not bender specific....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018244
Mobile Version of Website