Powered by Outside

how is it a mtb?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
how is it a mtb?
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
im not saying that these arn't mtbs there just different forms

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
irvinegr wrote:
Mod trials bikes are still MTBs, and they have 19" in the back and 20 in the front.

in what way is a trials bike a mtb?

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
PNWrider wrote:

theres other bikes than bmx and mtb. how is it a mtb if theres nothing mountain about it? im not saying we should call 26' street bikes bmx's. i liked that guys DSP (dirt/street/park) idea a few pages ago
they use mtb forks, like fox f series, its a MTB fork, they sometimes use dh parts, such as cranks, pedals, brakes

a lot of street bikes hav bmx cranks and even sometimes rigid street forks
photo

wts mtb about that?

people run bmx cranks because theyre tougher and not as harsh feeling as mtb cranks.
i ride trails and use a rigid fork. youre forgetting that mtbs started of with rigid forks and alot of xc riders still use them today

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
PNWrider wrote:

theres other bikes than bmx and mtb. how is it a mtb if theres nothing mountain about it? im not saying we should call 26' street bikes bmx's. i liked that guys DSP (dirt/street/park) idea a few pages ago
they use mtb forks, like fox f series, its a MTB fork, they sometimes use dh parts, such as cranks, pedals, brakes

photo

wts mtb about that?
by the way thats a sick bike is it yours?

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
cantthink wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

photo

wts mtb about that?
by the way thats a sick bike is it yours?
ha! i wish

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

photo

wts mtb about that?

people run bmx cranks because theyre tougher and not as harsh feeling as mtb cranks.
i ride trails and use a rigid fork. youre forgetting that mtbs started of with rigid forks and alot of xc riders still use them today

i know wat you mean and it is a very good point. but noone in the right mind would ride this on a mountain so i dont see the mountain bike in it

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:57 Quote
call me crazy but im takeing my p.1 to our annual mountain festival but i have heard there freeride hardtails well see what happens

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 11:03 Quote
cantthink wrote:
call me crazy but im takeing my p.1 to our annual mountain festival but i have heard there freeride hardtails well see what happens

yea there are hardtails designed for freeride and mtb but there are others that arent

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

photo

wts mtb about that?

i said some have mtb cranks, like mine, they work fine
and the first mtbs were singlespeed rigid forks and some dh bikes have 24" rear wheels, the only thing different is the frame, some are still made of aluminium, just like a mtb

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 21:32 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
irvinegr wrote:
Mod trials bikes are still MTBs, and they have 19" in the back and 20 in the front.

in what way isnt it?

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
irvinegr wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
irvinegr wrote:

in what way isnt it?

do you ride it on a mountain?

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 21:42 Quote
irvinegr wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
irvinegr wrote:

in what way isnt it?

moron.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 0:38 Quote
norcoumper wrote:
irvinegr wrote:
PNWrider wrote:

in what way isnt it?

moron.
a trials bike is almost the exact same as a street bike, can have suspension, very short and low with thin frames, they dont even have a seat, therefore a street bike is a mtb
you can say the same thing about how is a Dh bike a mtb, its closer to a motorbike, its basically a moto with cranks

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 8:48 Quote
like i side different sub categories plus i dont think a down hill bike is anything close to a moto bike

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 9:30 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
irvinegr wrote:
PNWrider wrote:

in what way isnt it?

do you ride it on a mountain?

yes, have you seen kranked: progression.. i think that is the one with ryan leech riding the north shore on his trials bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.328705
Mobile Version of Website