Powered by Outside

what pikes are you running

PB Forum :: SRAM
what pikes are you running
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:27 Quote
[Quote="tacobell123"]
mcburtonsoft wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

So we basically have the same issue except mine only makes noise when I get close to fully compressing the fork. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to check the tightness of your headset, even the smartest of people sometimes don't tighten a headset enough and it clanks and what not. But make sure you have someone who knows what their doing inspect it and give their opinion before you go out and buy new stuff.
i had like 4 diffrent shops check, dumb but how can I tell if my headsets loose cause nothing is really moving around or anything, but the guy said it was normal even on brand new forks

That's what I was told too. Unless it's utterly annoying and you can't stand it, don't worry about it. The Pike is an amazing fork. I've owned mine for a year and it's holding up better than any other fork i've used. Sorry I can't be more help!

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:46 Quote
[Quote="mcburtonsoft"]
tacobell123 wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:
i had like 4 diffrent shops check, dumb but how can I tell if my headsets loose cause nothing is really moving around or anything, but the guy said it was normal even on brand new forks

Yeaits the best fork I've owned just hate it when someone says your fork is messed up and is gonna break and sux balls plus the noise is hella annoying

That's what I was told too. Unless it's utterly annoying and you can't stand it, don't worry about it. The Pike is an amazing fork. I've owned mine for a year and it's holding up better than any other fork i've used. Sorry I can't be more help!

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 23:49 Quote
photo

Got the pike 454 dual air.. think its the 09'.. and if i set it for the recomended air press. for my weight I find it too easy to bottom out. so tried to set it harder.. hope i works.. havnt tried it yet

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 23:58 Quote
Got 09 Pike 454 Coil U-Turn.
Tf Tuned with X-firm Spring.
Push'd Damping

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 0:58 Quote
2009 pike 454 coil uturn lowered to 80mm with maxle lite

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 7:36 Quote
[Quote="tacobell123"]
mcburtonsoft wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

Yeaits the best fork I've owned just hate it when someone says your fork is messed up and is gonna break and sux balls plus the noise is hella annoying

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
James116 wrote:
Got 09 Pike 454 Coil U-Turn.
Tf Tuned with X-firm Spring.
Push'd Damping

i don't know suspension that well, but i'd imagine that putting an extra firm spring in it kind of wastes the push damping unless you're a really heavy person, no?

Krash- wrote:

and how'd you lower a coil u-turn? i'm curious... does it retain the u-turn function and is it reversible?

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 10:14 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:

Krash- wrote:

and how'd you lower a coil u-turn? i'm curious... does it retain the u-turn function and is it reversible?

i made a thread on street-steeze on how i did it ill post u a link on ur note-board its reversable but u turn doesnt work as the uturn sits in the tight coils now so its too stiff to move

Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
Danny591 wrote:
never mind
i bought a 454 air u-turn on here

that didn't work out so i got a 2008 silver 426 coil u-turn pike

Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 22:12 Quote
krash8bit wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:

Krash- wrote:

i made a thread on street-steeze on how i did it ill post u a link on ur note-board its reversable but u turn doesnt work as the uturn sits in the tight coils now so its too stiff to move

got around to sending me that link?

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
Hey i just got my rocks shox 426 coil uturn back from the shop becaused they replaced the cartridge! but when i got home and put them on my bike for the first time i pushed down and about half way down they make a clicking noise and i cant figure out what it is? i tried everything...does anyone have some imput or advice on how to fix or what to do?

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
[Quote="tacobell123"]
mcburtonsoft wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

mine now does that too as of today!!!what should i do?

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
454 air wish i had a coil tho im planning on going to an argyle 318 one i get the money

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
[Quote="atxmtbmx"]
tacobell123 wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:

mine now does that too as of today!!!what should i do?

i just fixed mine!!

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 0:41 Quote
maw-ucka wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:
4byforsale wrote:
pike single crowns are terrible quality.
And so is your knowledge, Pikes are only made in single crowns and are one of the best all mountain forks for sale, plus a PUSH'd pike will out perform any of the other competitors.
yeah man i said "pike single crowns" like as in the pike forks, that are all single crowns, just like saying "pike forks" except more specific. and pikes are shitty.
So you know more than the thousands of reviews, magazines and tf tuned who all claim that the pike is one of the most reliable forks around?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017259
Mobile Version of Website