Powered by Outside

scammers

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
tomut1 aka tom cruise sent me a fishy message

Hello,

Greetings to you there.I'm Tom Cruise by name.I came across your ads post on pinkbikeand i must say i'm highly interested in knowing more.I've read through the ads and i'm okay with all what you stated in there but would like to make this a fast deal as i need it as soon as possibleSo kindly get back to me with the total cost and the full payment information on how and where i can mail the check to immediately.I won't be able to come and pick it up so i would send my shipping agent to come over and do that but that would be done immediately after the payment has cleared.

So kindly get back to me as soon as possible with the requested information.
I await your prompt response.Till then,take care and have a splendid,fun and nice time ahead.
K. Regards,
Tom Cruise

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

Hello,

Greetings to you there.I'm Tom Cruise by name.I came across your ads post on pinkbikeand i must say i'm highly interested in knowing more.I've read through the ads and i'm okay with all what you stated in there but would like to make this a fast deal as i need it as soon as possibleSo kindly get back to me with the total cost and the full payment information on how and where i can mail the check to immediately.I won't be able to come and pick it up so i would send my shipping agent to come over and do that but that would be done immediately after the payment has cleared.

I await your prompt response.Till then,take care and have a splendid,fun and nice time ahead.
K. Regards,
Tom Cruise

hmmm

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
.I won't be able to come and pick it up so i would send my shipping agent to come over and do that but that would be done immediately after the payment has cleared.

thats exaclty what someone else said to me.

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

Hello,

K. Regards,
Tom Cruise
haha that is quality, had he tryed to recruit you into scientology it might have been a bit more believable

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
Hey, bud i got a little extra cash floatin around and u shouldnt be selling these forks for that little, these are high quality springs man and ur gonna get ripped off for that price....so ill give u $450.00 for the forks so u dont loose any money
Email back if interested, I live in Burlington so pick up is no issue...

think its a scam or not?

Mod
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
brentjj wrote:
Hey, bud i got a little extra cash floatin around and u shouldnt be selling these forks for that little, these are high quality springs man and ur gonna get ripped off for that price....so ill give u $450.00 for the forks so u dont loose any money

think its a scam or not?

Considering the guy wants to give you an additional $150 over your $300 asking price, I would say something is fishy. Who would offer to pay more than the asking price? If he is willing to pick them up like he says, go for it. He can't screw you if it is a face to face deal.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
thats what i was thinking, i told him to give me his phone # and ill give him a call...?

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
make sure its not counterfeit money too

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 9:31 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
brentjj wrote:

think its a scam or not?

Considering the guy wants to give you an additional $150 over your $300 asking price, I would say something is fishy. Who would offer to pay more than the asking price? If he is willing to pick them up like he says, go for it. He can't screw you if it is a face to face deal.

if one were to take that literally, then yes, he could very well do that.

interesting choice of words, laurie.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
howiehucker is a scammer i was ment to be swaping parts with him and he recived my stuff then made up bullshit that he sent mine and it got sent back in the post then aranged to meet me then never came

dont bye anything off this kid

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 8:26 Quote
how you no if its a propa scamer tho???

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 6:18 Quote
R-Jaster will agree to sell you something COD for one price and then ship for a way higher price.

I agreed to spend $80 including shipping at first because I saw an ad on an online bike shop that had the same fork for $60US. Then I agreed to spend $90 including shipping and he shipped it for even more money.

Now he's getting his parents to call my house at all hours of the night harassing me.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 10:18 Quote
except that we agreed on $90. and my mom sent the fork so i wasn't there to ship it for that price and we agreed that i would send you $10 after you picked the fork up so that the price was $90 for you instead of $100 that you would pay the post office. the check is still waiting to be sent. but since you are flipping out about $10 which you would have got anyways I guess you dont have a fork. So it is not my fault taht you did not follow through with the deal.

more like you are the scammer. you cost me $40 over nothing

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025127
Mobile Version of Website