Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 22:20 Quote
i got new lowers with works stickers, the stantions where pressed out and pressed back in and it looks like they used an apoxxy (probley spelled that wrong) when they pressed them back in. also got new seals. now i just need my lighter springs witch my lbs was supposed to call be back today with a price but never did so at 10 im getting on the phone to complain because travis alwasy forgets about stuff. the forks are way to stiff right now.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
so ive had my 08 66 rc3 for about 6months now and they were great up until now the axle is always coming loose and im starting to notice play in the bushings then a few weeks ago i noticed they were topping out really bad well now whenever you flip the bike over or lift the front end real quick it makes a sound like there is loos parts inside sliding around
im scared to ride the fork so should i send it back to MARZ or is there a fix for this

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 21:17 Quote
send it back to marzo it should all be covered under warrenty, and soon your front wheel wont even stay tight at all, they will probley replace your lowers, and bushings and then it should all ride nice and smooth, and almost all 66 RC3s make a top out noise when your run fast rebound

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 8:39 Quote
Okey, so I went to my bikeshop, they wouldnt send my fork back because they think its fine and that I am bullshitting to get it fixed for free via warranty. I emailed marzocchi, with no reply. I phoned them twice, no answer. What next?

I have a cracking noise in the steertube / crown connection AND my QR is always loose.

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
yeah, . mine are getting the same way, . and i dont want to just sent them off right now as i have a few biking holidays booked, .. i think im just gonna ride them this season an then flog them off, .. get something a little more reliable. Not overly impressed with the build of these forks. They do feel amazing, but, . the noise sucks!

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
Okey, so I went to my bikeshop, they wouldnt send my fork back because they think its fine and that I am bullshitting to get it fixed for free via warranty. I emailed marzocchi, with no reply. I phoned them twice, no answer. What next?

I have a cracking noise in the steertube / crown connection AND my QR is always loose.
Took me a long ass time, but eventually I got a competent mechanic, and he sent it in.
Just go argue with your LBS. This is a definite problem. Show them proof that others have been RMAing theirs.

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 13:08 Quote
yea well i took my bike to the LBS and they said that they know nothing about the problem and it looks fine so i emailed marzocchi with no reply i may just ride them till the end of the season and hope nothing major happens
but mine are making a noise like something has broken off inside and sliding around in there

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
freeride707 wrote:
yea well i took my bike to the LBS and they said that they know nothing about the problem and it looks fine so i emailed marzocchi with no reply i may just ride them till the end of the season and hope nothing major happens
but mine are making a noise like something has broken off inside and sliding around in there
Yeah thats the sound that happened to all of us. Tell your LBS to just send them in, even if they know nothing of the problem. Marz should handle it (hopefully). I got mine back in about a week, in perfect working order, no noise.

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
oh ok thanks
i didnt buy the forks from my lbs so they wont deal with it so ill try and deal with it myself and hopefully it doesnt take forever to get them rebuilt

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
I have a email address that may help out the canadain people that are having problems with the warrentys on there forks, email naz at naze@marzocchicanada.com. he runs the marzo service center for canada and they deal with warrenty issues as well. I got my forks fixxed up there. had to get new lowers for the wheel coming loss, and the stantions where pressed out and pressed back in with what looks like appoxy around them to fill in the gaps that make that cracking noise. my forks feel better then new now. hope this helps people out and remeber it only helps those in canada. if you live in another countery try tracking down if there is a service center in your country and talk with them.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 6:27 Quote
My fork cam back with a new crown and steerer but the same stanctions. Unfortunately the decided to NOT send my axle back with the fork. Pretty disappointing.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
triptex wrote:
My fork cam back with a new crown and steerer but the same stanctions. Unfortunately the decided to NOT send my axle back with the fork. Pretty disappointing.

Yeah. My compression adjuster had fallen off, and they decided to not send one either.
All this stuff really changes my perspective on Marz.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
this is why i deal with the marazocchi service center in north vancouver

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
this is starting to piss me off marz used to be a good company

my compression knob fell off too hopefully they replace it

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
bacon-buster wrote:
I have a email address that may help out the canadain people that are having problems with the warrentys on there forks, email naz at naze@marzocchicanada.com. he runs the marzo service center for canada and they deal with warrenty issues as well. I got my forks fixxed up there. had to get new lowers for the wheel coming loss, and the stantions where pressed out and pressed back in with what looks like appoxy around them to fill in the gaps that make that cracking noise. my forks feel better then new now. hope this helps people out and remeber it only helps those in canada. if you live in another countery try tracking down if there is a service center in your country and talk with them.

Thats the email address indicated on the Canadian page of their website. I'va tried it three times, and everytime I get a message from videotron saying that the message could not be sent, something about the address not existing. I didnt even type it in, I clicked the blue colored link that automaticaly opened a "new mail" page.

Even if its the marzocchi center in North Vancouver, it doesnt make a difference. They wont answer their calls any more then the other centers I'va tried. I'm getting pissed of right now. I used to tell everyone that marzocchi where some of the best fork on the market. Might be for some, but their service sucks massive penis.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030594
Mobile Version of Website