Powered by Outside

shimano deore help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
shimano deore help!
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
D
-Dandaman- wrote:
i recently bought a bike with a deore and now its busted, it all in one peice and can be repaired but i dont know how. every four or five crankstrokes in every gear it does the whole shifting lag thing except im not shifting, please if anyone has encountered a similar problem what did you do to fix?
thanks

Dan, I hate to tell you this but I think the best choice is to get a new one. There's this place where people donate bikes in Eauclaire near South East entrance. They give free parts out there. Go check it out and see if you can get a new derailleur. Also, if you don't want to get rid of it, they teach you how to repair your bike for free. Check it out, it's a sweet place. I just donated my old bike there on Saturday. hope I helped.

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
kevlar28 wrote:
D
-Dandaman- wrote:
i recently bought a bike with a deore and now its busted, it all in one peice and can be repaired but i dont know how. every four or five crankstrokes in every gear it does the whole shifting lag thing except im not shifting, please if anyone has encountered a similar problem what did you do to fix?
thanks

Dan, I hate to tell you this but I think the best choice is to get a new one. There's this place where people donate bikes in Eauclaire near South East entrance. They give free parts out there. Go check it out and see if you can get a new derailleur. Also, if you don't want to get rid of it, they teach you how to repair your bike for free. Check it out, it's a sweet place. I just donated my old bike there on Saturday. hope I helped.
that would of helped cept i sorta got it fixed a while back, turns out after intense and thourogh examination, it was a link it my chain that was bent/stuck that was causing the problem not the deraileur(spelling?)

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
dose any one know if there is a new bolt included with a new shimano derallier or are you expected to attatch the new deriallier to the frame with the old one? (which to me sounds crazy yet theres no bolt with my new derallier!)

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
go to your local bike shop and see if they have another hanger? - if not, get a hammer and a flat surface and bash it till its good, i did this and it was fine.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014244
Mobile Version of Website