2009 sx frame

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
fallen55 wrote:
umm no you dont understand, cost is not 1750 its much lower. 1750 is book price, i was under the idae that cost is what the bike store pays for the frame.
Actually you dont understand, learn to type. 1550 is the msrp, the fix has it listed for 1750, 20% off of 1750 is 1450. I cant explain that any other way. Also learn to edit your posts so they are ledgeble to other readers.

First, 20% off 1750 is not 1450...its 1400$, so learn some basic math skills. Second Cost is different from msrp(the book price). EP(employee pricing) is a discount off of cost. Cost is the price that the bike store pays the distributor

accidentaly posted before I finished.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
My bad on the 1450, I thought it fast. Anyway im probly going to go through with this build. I've made a checklist of all the things I need to get and the price totals up to a little more than a Trek Remedy 7 so its not crazy expensive and it'll come with all the parts that i'd want. Goin for a sub 30lbs build. Im going tubeless and im hoping to get this built up at mabey 25lbs.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
asked my shop, and found out that specailized won't start shipping them until decemberCry

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
My bad on the 1450, I thought it fast. Anyway im probly going to go through with this build. I've made a checklist of all the things I need to get and the price totals up to a little more than a Trek Remedy 7 so its not crazy expensive and it'll come with all the parts that i'd want. Goin for a sub 30lbs build. Im going tubeless and im hoping to get this built up at mabey 25lbs.
Ha, sorry but not a chance, Chubey's is the lightest I've seen at 29.25 (mine's 31.5), and that's with the lighter 08 frame. Besides, you don't want a 25 pound fully.

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 4:12 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
the picture you posted with the air shock is a 2009 SX (4") not the SX Trail

the 2009 SX-T frame is heavier because the new SX Trail has been built for the first time as a true freeride frame with thicker tubing (the curved tubing also adds weight as tubes are longer), a tougher rear end and slacker geometry

the old SX Trail was an Enduro (pre 2007) frame with longer shock giving slacker geometry and reinforced chainstays to make it a little tougher, and kinda scary light at 8.9lb with DHX coil shock; this is why they tended to crack after some hard riding

the new 2009 SX Trail feels very much like a Demo 7 but a little lighter than Demo and more nimble, and the frame should be much tougher

I really like the 09 SX Trail, its finally what it was supposed to be and not a b*stardised Enduro
what do you class as hard riding???i ride hard ie dh jumps and mine hasnt cracked!!

Posted: Oct 12, 2008 at 8:28 Quote
chilli7 wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:
the picture you posted with the air shock is a 2009 SX (4") not the SX Trail

the 2009 SX-T frame is heavier because the new SX Trail has been built for the first time as a true freeride frame with thicker tubing (the curved tubing also adds weight as tubes are longer), a tougher rear end and slacker geometry

the old SX Trail was an Enduro (pre 2007) frame with longer shock giving slacker geometry and reinforced chainstays to make it a little tougher, and kinda scary light at 8.9lb with DHX coil shock; this is why they tended to crack after some hard riding

the new 2009 SX Trail feels very much like a Demo 7 but a little lighter than Demo and more nimble, and the frame should be much tougher

I really like the 09 SX Trail, its finally what it was supposed to be and not a b*stardised Enduro
what do you class as hard riding???i ride hard ie dh jumps and mine hasnt cracked!!
Thats enough about the sx trail in this thread. Anyway, does anyone know the weight of this frame yet?

Posted: Oct 12, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
its a heavy frame, dont expect it to weigh the same as a trek fuel or specialized stumpjumper, it doesnt!

Posted: Oct 12, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
darkestfugue wrote:
its a heavy frame, dont expect it to weigh the same as a trek fuel or specialized stumpjumper, it doesnt!
Actually you dont know if its a heavy frame, and judging by your post it seems you dont know anything at all. If this frame is under 8 pounds its perfect.

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
So update, the lbs is special ordering them!!! went in today they say the rep is coming in tommorow to give details on price and order times. Turns out it will be a alot easier to get this frame than I thought! Only one downside, I got REALLY offtrack with my savings (got clothes, a new phone, PS3 stuff) so im only at like 550 right now Frown and to make things worse I have to quit my job before the end of december Cry so that basically means I have to work my a$$ off to make a grand so I can order a frame.

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
heres a sight. i know the owner and hell ship to canada for sure

http://highpeakscyclery.com/itemdetails.cfm?LibId=48848

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
jbloch37 wrote:

Say's on the site the item isnt even permitted to ship anywhere.....no matter for me, no more having to worry about shipping costs either. I'll walk into my lbs and pick one up when I can Smile . Guess im gunna have to get a talas for it though as it says its made for a 100-110mm fork. What do you think would be better, the talas 32 or talas 36? I saw the 36 in my lbs for the first time the other day and its HUGE, caught me off guard with its size (compared to marrzo's of the same travel). I'll admit, it would be pretty sweet to roll around on one of those.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 5:02 Quote
i like it a lot!!!!!!
BUT IN MY OPPINION IT SHOULD CAME WITH THE FOX 36

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
jbloch37 wrote:

Say's on the site the item isnt even permitted to ship anywhere.....no matter for me, no more having to worry about shipping costs either. I'll walk into my lbs and pick one up when I can Smile . Guess im gunna have to get a talas for it though as it says its made for a 100-110mm fork. What do you think would be better, the talas 32 or talas 36? I saw the 36 in my lbs for the first time the other day and its HUGE, caught me off guard with its size (compared to marrzo's of the same travel). I'll admit, it would be pretty sweet to roll around on one of those.
You don't NEED a TALAS, all Fox forks have internal spacers that can be adjusted to 100

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
2008s looked better, but the new bighits are bomb!Robin

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
me2menow wrote:
2008s looked better, but the new bighits are bomb!Robin

I HATE THE NEW BIG HIT.
THEY ARE SO HUGLY AND IN MY OPPINION THEY DON´T CAME WITH GOOD PARTS

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019992
Mobile Version of Website