Powered by Outside

Do you ride in the winter

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Do you ride in the winter
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
yeh i ride but then again we get like 1 snowfall a year and that lasts for all of a day so its pretty easy to ride all year round here if u dont mind rain.

FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
Yes I Do, here in quebec, lots of snow every years and you gotta dig hard to get somthign to ride. During christmas I couldn't resist to get out and ride my bike. It was so good.!
photo

smooth ride and sick camera ready for this summer, can't wait!

little video:
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/54560/

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
f*ck yeah i love it

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
I know that there are some bike races in the winter on ice in Nova Scotia Canada. There is also a race in the spring in Uxbridge Ontario called the ice breaker. You should check out www.mtbiking.ca in the events section for different bike races coming up.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 17:24 Quote
The best is when you get some snow, and then a cold snap so it really packs down. Packed snow is awesome for traction, you can get some good rides in as long as you bundle up.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 8:15 Quote
hell yeah. rolled up to bedgebury car park a few sundays ago with my riding bud,we had spent 30 mins scraping the ice off the car before we could even get going,as we pulled up we exchanged the knowing glances of are we f@?:ing mental or what!!!!but isnt that the whole idea of why we do what we do?????we spent 3 hours doing loops of the singletrack and the usual buzz as you nail that berm just sweet or just miss that tree because you forgot how steep that bit is always outweighs the numb fingers,frozen eyebrows and red fernwhipped legs.we get out for a couple of evening rides each week in the winter to and once the blood is flowing and you get used to following that little pool of light in front you could be anywhere you want to be,which for me is not sat in front of a crappy soap opera you cant stand!!!!!!!!!so be brave, wear the right gear to keep warm and take the plunge!plus its an excuse to follow that little pool of light to a pub at rides end,thats where mine seems to take me,
every time!!!!!go on you know you deserve it!!!!!!!!

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
hell yea man, I ride right on the snowmobile tracks once they pack it down. Its sick!

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
JT-Mississauga-Biker wrote:
mickeydesadist2 wrote:
I ride all winter in southern ontario in canada. The thawing and refreezing and XC skiers make our singletracks feel like north end Hamilton side streets
I live southern ontario to where abouts do you live and ride
I live by the Dundas Valley Conservation Area

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022237
Mobile Version of Website