Powered by Outside

Giant Reign X Frame - Help me out!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Giant Reign X Frame - Help me out!
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
Any suggestions on what I could switch out? I'm not looking to spend much. The thing is, my bike right now is 36 pounds with small block 8's and I want to switch to something beefier tyre wise like nevegals. After that I'm looking at almost 38 pounds, and If I switch out the frames with the Reign X frame, I'm looking at about 40. That is heavy!!! Really Mad

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
New cranks would drop you down, same with fork. And are you SURE that frame sub 7? Like, isn't it steel?

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
Stop worrying so much about weight man. 40 lbs is nothing seriously.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
merkel wrote:
Any suggestions on what I could switch out? I'm not looking to spend much. The thing is, my bike right now is 36 pounds with small block 8's and I want to switch to something beefier tyre wise like nevegals. After that I'm looking at almost 38 pounds, and If I switch out the frames with the Reign X frame, I'm looking at about 40. That is heavy!!! Really Mad
how big do you want your tires to be, i have foldable 2.35 nevegals and kendas run a bit big, they are VERY light

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
sherbet wrote:
New cranks would drop you down, same with fork. And are you SURE that frame sub 7? Like, isn't it steel?
I'm not absolutely positive but I'm pretty sure. If anybody wants to eyeball this:
photo

How much do you think all the parts on this bike weigh without the frame?
Because with the frame it weighs 36 pounds.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:49 Quote
merkel wrote:
sherbet wrote:
I'm not absolutely positive but I'm pretty sure. If anybody wants to eyeball this:
photo

you said your frame weighs 6.5 so it would weigh 29.5 w/o frame.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:49 Quote
merkel wrote:
sherbet wrote:
photo

i think deity bars are really heavy and i know hussefelt cranks are fricken tanks and is that front wheel a rynolite? if so those are pretty heavy too

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
I'm going to take a bet and say that frame is more like, 8 pounds. It's burly as hell, and rather imperial like.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'm going to take a bet and say that frame is more like, 8 pounds. It's burly as hell, and rather imperial like.
for sure

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:52 Quote
Seems more like an advertised weight to me.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
Yeah, I know that it is hard to believe that this thing is less than 7 pounds. I have not seen it weighed with my own eyes so I can't tell you how much it weighs guaranteed, but yet another site says its 7.4 pounds which is a bit more heavy but still damned light.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
I wouldn't trust those. Weigh it yourself.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
Meh don't have the time. Anyway it doesn't matter, I'm making the frame change eventually anyway.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
I had a 07 Reign X1 that I was racing DH with, it was 38 pounds. For 08, they shaved roughly a pound off of the frame and now I've got an 08 Reign X0 that was 32.8 pounds out of the box.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012969
Mobile Version of Website