Powered by Outside

CO DH, FR, and DJers (and you XCers) our scene is blowing up!

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
CO DH, FR, and DJers (and you XCers) our scene is blowing up!
FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
FJDan wrote:
Mutchie wrote:
mtnbikerkris wrote:
ok cool thanks. ive just never been to winter park so i was just wondering if i should try it. keystone isnt that trecherous yea it has some hard trails/ sections but thats what whats you better

Trestle Bike Park opens June 13th subject to snow. Most of the Trails will be open by July 1st. New Whistler style trails opening this summer, personally built by Dave Kelly from Gravity Logic. Look for "eh" line in July

Yea I've heard good things about Trestle for this year...Im excited to see what theyve got! I saw some video, not sure where but might have been on trestle's website, where they were showing construction of some cool northshore features.

colorado DH and FR truly is blowing up! we just need more DH trails on the front range...

WE definatly need some DH trails on the front range! I wanna try and get permission from some forest service to build some.... anybody wanna help get a petition or something together?

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
Brycerink wrote:
FJDan wrote:
Mutchie wrote:

Trestle Bike Park opens June 13th subject to snow. Most of the Trails will be open by July 1st. New Whistler style trails opening this summer, personally built by Dave Kelly from Gravity Logic. Look for "eh" line in July

Yea I've heard good things about Trestle for this year...Im excited to see what theyve got! I saw some video, not sure where but might have been on trestle's website, where they were showing construction of some cool northshore features.

colorado DH and FR truly is blowing up! we just need more DH trails on the front range...

WE definatly need some DH trails on the front range! I wanna try and get permission from some forest service to build some.... anybody wanna help get a petition or something together?
dude I don't even know if I will be living in the front range past this summer but I'm down to help out with a petition tup the FR definetly needs some DH trails that can be pushed up.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
I am so down. The forest service is whats holding us back for sure. I have friends who made a few secret trails but they were discovered and destroyed.

Anyone ever hit chimney gulch? I think thats what its called. Someone told me about it I think its in Golden somewhere. I want to know where it is, the guys who told me about it seemed pretty stoked about it.

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
If you guys are near pueblo, I found a short DH run that was actually used for a race. I moved here last summer and my friend showed me this trail, and said it had a few jumps. I get there and see thet the good stuff is all overgrown. Anyway, I've done some "trail maintenance", and its pretty fun. It's short, like less than 1:30, but at least is flat.

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 0:54 Quote
pueblo actually has some amazing network of trails on the south side of lake pueblo! i rode my switch there and it was rough on the climbs but just about perfect for some, travel wise. there are some sections where i just wanted to keep seshin for a while

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
Ya,it's too bad that we dont have much elevation change. The canyon trails at the Res are some of the most tech trails I have ridden, but they're over before you know it. Hooters Canyon is currently my fav.

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
I like hooters too Drool

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
Pueblo is fun and all, just short. Still, GREAT for when the rest of the planet is covered in mother natures frozen droppings.

As for a DH alliance and such...... Its been tried before, and the guy who headed it ended up screwing everyone. Not many connected people are going to want to try it again. Im all down for DH trails, but realize it will be an assload of work trying to convince the forest service that theyre needed, and non-destructive.

As soon as it thaws AGAIN ill probably do a little FoCo shuttling, since its going to be a long time before the resorts are bike ready. Thanks mother nature.

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
where can you shuttle in fort collins?

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 18:11 Quote
mtnbikerkris wrote:

Nothing IN foco. Foco is flat. Outside foco.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
mtnbikerkris wrote:

Nothing IN foco. Foco is flat. Outside foco.
don't say that about FOCO! there's little hills there. all the roadies like em!

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
then where outside foco?

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
Up poudre. There are some shuttlabe things. LONG drives though.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 22:58 Quote
i usually do some shuttling in the springs. w got bout 7ish miles of trail probably 6 is dh and i can ride all but about 1000 feet on my VP Free and full face. There is one secret trail i have heard of and know where its at, but i want to find more. I always see trucks shuttling big bikes up when im hikin back up to get my jeep. Anybody know anything?

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
Headed there today to explore. Cell it 970-393-2124

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037719
Mobile Version of Website