Powered by Outside

Duck tape and Zip tie parts and accesories;)

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Duck tape and Zip tie parts and accesories;)
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
fatboi15 wrote:
look what i found
[YT=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-ddWdWPWZKs]
u can make some crazy stuff i had 1 with like 8 diff pockets

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Oh BTW has anybody ever heard of Gaffers tape? It is stronger, easier to use, and better looking than duct tape. It is used in the theater for taping down cables and stuff like that.
It also costs at least $27 a roll....
EDIT: Thats really nice, kinda has a worn leather look to it!
Is that the same stuff as Gorrilla tape? Like Gorrilla glue, but in tape form? If so, that stuff is freaken tough. I made a pair of sandals out of Gorrilla tape and cardboard. They lasted all summer. I still have them and they still work. I walked over broken glass, sharp rocks, whatever, they never tore once. They even held up to a short ride on a friends bike with Syncros Mental Mags on it. I thought for sure I was going to be stabbed in the foot, but I wasn't.

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
trired tires?

would that workConfused

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:50 Quote
If there's a big tear in the sidewall...it'll keep the tube from poking through and being vulnerable.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:51 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
nishnash wrote:
Oh BTW has anybody ever heard of Gaffers tape? It is stronger, easier to use, and better looking than duct tape. It is used in the theater for taping down cables and stuff like that.
It also costs at least $27 a roll....
EDIT: Thats really nice, kinda has a worn leather look to it!
Is that the same stuff as Gorrilla tape? Like Gorrilla glue, but in tape form? If so, that stuff is freaken tough. I made a pair of sandals out of Gorrilla tape and cardboard. They lasted all summer. I still have them and they still work. I walked over broken glass, sharp rocks, whatever, they never tore once. They even held up to a short ride on a friends bike with Syncros Mental Mags on it. I thought for sure I was going to be stabbed in the foot, but I wasn't.
Lol no, gorrila tape is much much better. I heard it can lift 120LBS? and that sandal thing souds kewl. Not duct tape but when my dad was a kid he made shoes out of old bike tires and elastics...

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
dubhex wrote:
If there's a big tear in the sidewall...it'll keep the tube from poking through and being vulnerable.
My old small block 8 had a few of those patches Blank Stare

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
im goin to get some coloured duck tape 2 moz and make one

i will post pics step by step

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Lol no, gorrila tape is much much better. I heard it can lift 120LBS? and that sandal thing souds kewl. Not duct tape but when my dad was a kid he made shoes out of old bike tires and elastics...
I wouldn't be surprised. If you apply it to a clean area and wait 24 hours, you're not getting it off without a fight. If you put a heat gun to it after you get it exactly where you want it, you're not getting it off without some major work. It'd probably take more work to get off after heating it then it would to properly fix the problem it was temporarily holding.

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
clicky here for some ziptie fun

annnnnd for some fun with black nasty check this one. Not bike related, but when I was with the Royal Marines Reserve I was issued a err, "cammed up" flask. Stealthy like ninjas huhtup

check the difference! (sorry for the sidewaysness)
photo

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
this looks so gay

i didnt do it i found it on google
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FDO/OWGJ/OENEQHOARG3/FDOOWGJOENEQHOARG3.MEDIUM.jpg

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
haha my friend made one (u know the one i was telling you about earlier) cept its much much kewler....

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
nishnash wrote:
haha my friend made one (u know the one i was telling you about earlier) cept its much much kewler....

nice

i mite make one exactly like the pic and wear it to school just to see how long it takes for people to start wearing it

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
fatboi15 wrote:
nishnash wrote:

nice

i mite make one exactly like the pic and wear it to school just to see how long it takes for people to start wearing it
u could make a sweet beanie with ear flaps and visor and build in headphones

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
I couldn't find any pictures, but if you duck tape the ass of a pair of snowpants, you made one damn handy and freakishly fast sled. I'm not a slow skier and I've been passed by people ripping down the hill with that set up. Just hope for no rocks and pick a straight path because you can't turn and rocks at high speed to the butthole have the potential to turn you into a, uh, not man anymore.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027657
Mobile Version of Website