Whats a good dh race bike that wont break the bank

PB Forum :: Downhill
Whats a good dh race bike that wont break the bank
O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 23:54 Quote
Read some reviews( on the web, magz...) of some bike that's interest you then go tests ride them. that really is the best thing to do....

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 0:18 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
for next season i'm gonna get a new dh race rig. right now i've been using a 05 norco vps shore. i have to say it's a awesome bike, its just thats i cracked the frame in so many places it's just not worth it to repair, and i can't send it in for warrenty cause i bought the bike 2nd hand.i would prefer that the bike would would be around $4000. so far i tryed my friends ironhorse sunday and loved it but it is a bit pricey for me cause he said a bought it for $5320. i was just wondering if it's worth it or are there better bikes out there for around $4000

since its just the frame that you fu*ked (im guessing) why dont you just get a new frame, and you could get an awesome one for much less than $4000

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
also, what about a cove shocker, i herd there really good, but are they expensive, i went ovr to cove bike shop bout a week ago and saw a used one for $3500, how much new are they, i dont wanna go ovr to cove again cause it's like a hour and a half drive to get there from where i live

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
They are really pricey bikes, i would say you would end up paying 4grand for it with a low end fork (boxxer race) and drivetrain (x5) cove bikes starts em at 5grand with some nice kits...

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:52 Quote
shredtheshore wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
for next season i'm gonna get a new dh race rig. right now i've been using a 05 norco vps shore. i have to say it's a awesome bike, its just thats i cracked the frame in so many places it's just not worth it to repair, and i can't send it in for warrenty cause i bought the bike 2nd hand.i would prefer that the bike would would be around $4000. so far i tryed my friends ironhorse sunday and loved it but it is a bit pricey for me cause he said a bought it for $5320. i was just wondering if it's worth it or are there better bikes out there for around $4000

since its just the frame that you fu*ked (im guessing) why dont you just get a new frame, and you could get an awesome one for much less than $4000
i wanna get a whole bike cause theres only 6 parts worth keeping on the old norco, this season i put new diabolus cranks and bb on, new sunringle mtx camo rims with diablo hubs, new dhx 5.0 and a sram x.o derailler, and a new seat the fork is a piece of crap, handle bars are pretty bent, just to lazy get new, my code brakes leak like a sive. i could buy a new frame but i'll also need to get new forks, handlbars, brakes,chain, cassette,chain guide,bashguard,headset. all of that would cost the same amount as a frame. so basiclly if i get a good frame and good fork, that will cost the same as a new bike

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
nishnash wrote:
They are really pricey bikes, i would say you would end up paying 4grand for it with a low end fork (boxxer race) and drivetrain (x5) cove bikes starts em at 5grand with some nice kits...
i see, i guess cove is out of the picture, damn the shocker is my favorate bike

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
nishnash wrote:
wait, wouldnt it be cheaper if i bought it from the cove bike shop, thats pretty much buying directly from cove, so shouldnt it be abit cheaper then $5k

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
nope nope nope. They sell custom builds, cove doesnt offer build kits on any bike. And also they charge less than msrp, its not cheaper than anywhere else...

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 12:18 Quote
Buy a lower quality Sunday. Elite, team, or expert, doesn't need to be the world cup, you can upgrade to world cup parts later.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
i would say buy a giant glory there cheep and a vary good dh bike and you could always get some lighter parts for it but next years is lookin good parts wise

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
Buy a lower quality Sunday. Elite, team, or expert, doesn't need to be the world cup, you can upgrade to world cup parts later.
true

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015020
Mobile Version of Website