Powered by Outside

MTB's most pointless and failed products.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
MTB's most pointless and failed products.
FL
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
igz- wrote:
igz- wrote:
Earlier gen Truvativ Stylo cranks
photo

f*cking garbage.
i really liked mine. light as anything

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
vegas- wrote:
Dliang wrote:
E2headtube = fail
-Salute
they look sick reduce weight of a normal 1.5 ht and are like 20% stiffer

They aren't any stiffer than a full 1.5" headtube. The weight savings are negligable. The real benefit is that you can use any stem you want.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
I still want to know who's genius idea it was to internally route shifting/brake cables. Any of you who's ever had to work on bike with it and forgot to fish the new cable at the same time you pull out the old one knows what I'm talking about.
holly shit, i know. i had to wor on one, the guru or something. its made in canada. worst bike ever. they put stickers of the logo and everythign on the frame, than clearcoated over it to make it seem like it was paint, but you could still feel the stickers. awful bike. rode like shit as well

big fail - guru road bikes

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
mynameisbob wrote:
igz- wrote:
igz- wrote:
Earlier gen Truvativ Stylo cranks
photo
f*cking garbage.
i really liked mine. light as anything
Arm/axle connection was garbage, flexy as shit... ect

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.landrys.com/content/products/Guru%20Geno%2008.jpg
this is the POS im talking about

Mod
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
That is a very sexy road bike!

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
That is a very sexy road bike!
it rides like poop

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
Truvativ Holzfeller pedals

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
TaylorSmith- wrote:
Truvativ Holzfeller pedals

I second that.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
photo

Using a Karpiel for street.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:38 Quote
i have truvativ husafeller padals what is wrong with them

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
hamina777 wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
I don't know if this has been said but Cannondale's lefty fork is pretty pointless.

Why? It's stiffer, tracks really well, the Fox versions feel awesomely plush, they're light, strong, etc.

It is no way stiffer then a standard fork. I can see them weighing less but they certainly aren't stronger.

Also, its not like they are apart of today's standards. It's cannondale's thing.

Did I mention they are ugly as hell?

That's your opinion. I think they look kinda sick.

They are way way stiffer, I know they don't look like it. Until I rode my friend's Rush through a rock garden I thought they were noodly lumps of shit.

While they are just a Cannondale gimmick, they don't work badly. Therefore, not a fail.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
hamina777 wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
hamina777 wrote:

Why? It's stiffer, tracks really well, the Fox versions feel awesomely plush, they're light, strong, etc.

It is no way stiffer then a standard fork. I can see them weighing less but they certainly aren't stronger.

Also, its not like they are apart of today's standards. It's cannondale's thing.

Did I mention they are ugly as hell?

That's your opinion. I think they look kinda sick.

They are way way stiffer, I know they don't look like it. Until I rode my friend's Rush through a rock garden I thought they were noodly lumps of shit.

While they are just a Cannondale gimmick, they don't work badly. Therefore, not a fail.

I didn't say they were a fail. They are pointless.

Mod
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
bunkey0207 wrote:
did i mention i got them in the CRC flood sale?

None of the products in their flood sale were damaged from water that they were selling. The warehouses were damaged and required time to cleanup etc, so they just liquidated everything they had on hand. It's not like your 5050's sat in waist deep water.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
Eh, still a fail thread Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015021
Mobile Version of Website