Powered by Outside

Blk Mrkt MOB VS. Specialized P.3

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Blk Mrkt MOB VS. Specialized P.3
Posted: May 1, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
Show me the 2009 P.3 you rode and show me the Mob you rode.

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Show me the 2009 P.3 you rode and show me the Mob you rode.

they dont have PB accounts but they both had argyle 318's and both had pimplite rims and blk mrkt stems, the mob had blk mrkt rise bars and the p3 had truvativ DH rise bars

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 23:18 Quote
I haven't ridden a Mob so I am not going to make a call here but the 2009 P3's are completely different feeling then any other P's before. They have a nice pop to them and are very light and move really nice.

May not be as nice as a Mob but I am happy Specialized is actually tweaking there bikes consistently.

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 23:38 Quote
I have rode the P3. sure it's different from the other p.3's.
but...

the blk mrkt mobs are off the hook.

I think they're cheaper too?

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 7:00 Quote
If you p lovers want a mass produced, one size only, aluminum frame that is made overseas and has a definitive lifespan then go for it. I would rather have a MUCH better quality frame that comes in multiple sizes, made from very high end custom tubing, by a company that ONLY manufactures high end BMX/MTB frames. But that is just me.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 8:11 Quote
Can you even buy a P.bike frame only? I always thought you had to buy the whole bike unless you get it used which would void your warranty?

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 8:47 Quote
In Sweden you can.

demo9, you're right about the lifespan. 25 months...then 5 months...now I don't know what. I definitely wouldn't buy one used, because I've broken two personally.

FL
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 at 21:57 Quote
I have a 2009 P.2 frame and I know a guy that wants to trade for a Mob frame. I've never ridden a Mob before but they sound really nice. I mostly ride dirt jumps, a little bit of park, and I race a little dual slalom so should I trade frames? Has anyone ridden the new P. frames and Mob? If so than any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 2:38 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
I have a 2009 P.2 frame and I know a guy that wants to trade for a Mob frame. I've never ridden a Mob before but they sound really nice. I mostly ride dirt jumps, a little bit of park, and I race a little dual slalom so should I trade frames? Has anyone ridden the new P. frames and Mob? If so than any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
i'd say go for it just one the basis that my mob is f'cking AWESOME!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020181
Mobile Version of Website