How much do DH wordcup racers get paid?

PB Forum :: Downhill
How much do DH wordcup racers get paid?
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 4:42 Quote
That's what I was going to say. Aha.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 8:47 Quote
glas4d wrote:
Bottom line is that biking is a hobby not a career. Stay in school.

this is incorrect

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 11:07 Quote
stryke wrote:
glas4d wrote:

this is incorrect

He's not wrong, but he's not completley right, neither...its like playing hockey, at the professional level if u get injured and cant play anymore... u need a fall back...

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 11:14 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
OVER 9000000000000!

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
stryke wrote:
glas4d wrote:

this is incorrect
Biking isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 14:13 Quote
lifestyles dont pay the bills.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
Oh really? So what other jobs do Peaty, Hill & Minnaar etc have?

Mod
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 15:04 Quote
timlake wrote:
Peaty runs Royal remember, Gracia is a used-car dealer...but yeah the top guys are finally starting to make enough money to pay the bills. Hopefully the sport will continue to grow so many more riders can survive on sponsorship alone and the top riders can start to make some real money.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 15:06 Quote
I think they get paid enough to live of. but get royalties (ie. bikes, travel...ect..)

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 15:27 Quote
tbf whatever it is the likes of Peaty get paid shit loads, he's got a chuffing royles royce for f*cks sake!

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 15:33 Quote
almostwise wrote:
timlake wrote:
Peaty runs Royal remember, Gracia is a used-car dealer...but yeah the top guys are finally starting to make enough money to pay the bills. Hopefully the sport will continue to grow so many more riders can survive on sponsorship alone and the top riders can start to make some real money.

Yeah, but the guy said Lifestyles don't pay the bills. Even though he owned Royal (sold to six six one a few years back) he still started it because of biking, which is a lifestyle, which apparently, doesn't pay the bills.

Mod
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 15:52 Quote
timlake wrote:
Yeah, but the guy said Lifestyles don't pay the bills. Even though he owned Royal (sold to six six one a few years back) he still started it because of biking, which is a lifestyle, which apparently, doesn't pay the bills.
Haha, got me there...I should really try and keep up with the times.

Lifestyle is the only way to pay the bills in my opinion. I could've stuck with a nice cushy job in an office with a pretty damn good salary...but the thought of being tied to a desk for the rest of my life, just out right sucks. I'm now on less money than ever and I'm the happiest I think I've ever been. But that's just me - it could all turn out to be a horrible mistake in years to come lol

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 2:52 Quote
oh dear.

riding is a lifestyle, how does riding your bike pay the bills? does me spending a day with my mates railing a new berm or hucking a cliff drop pay the rent? no, it doesnt.

professional riding isnt a lifestyle, its a living. they got the job because theyre good riders, but being a good rider isnt a living. the pros might be living the life you want, but dont think for a second that all they do is ride thier bikes and get paid. they work hard for that money and have huge pressures and responsibilities on them, just like any other job. one bad season and it can all disappear and then where are they?

who needs an ex world cup winner who once cleared a 40ft gap on a hardtail when theyre looking to fill a post in a warehouse or an office? get educated, ride your bike but dont go thinking you're gonna get rich off it.

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 3:10 Quote
they also gain money from public appearences, sponsorship, advertisments...ect..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018311
Mobile Version of Website