Powered by Outside

___~~~Bike and Part Reviews~~~__

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
___~~~Bike and Part Reviews~~~__
O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:07 Quote
Sunday isnt mine, and the SX isnt built yet. Winter is just starting so it will take a while. And if I do have a reviews to write, I will, as usual, post it in mtbr obviously.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
gregmazo wrote:
Sunday isnt mine, and the SX isnt built yet. Winter is just starting so it will take a while. And if I do have a reviews to write, I will, as usual, post it in mtbr obviously.

Oh ok well why not post it here too? Something wrong with posting it here?

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
gregmazo wrote:
do whatever you want guys, didnt want to look like an a*shole, but who the hell will come to look on pinkbike forum for a review when MTBR is the best site ever for reviews?

* you dont need an account.
i do i would rather see what other people think first than MTBR

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
I gave you my opinion about this thread, but yeah, seems like youre after me. I will post a review of the SX when it will be build and tested.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
lets keep on topic so this isnt locked

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
Review on my Maxxis ADvantage 2.1 tyres.

I like them. They roll pretty fast for the size of the knobs, They also weigh slightly less than a similar Kenda or Intense tyre. Mine have lasted more than a season commuting and general AM.

The only thing wrong is they puncture slightly easy. I have had 2 punctures in, say, the last 6 months. Some may say not bad, Although it is when you only use them about twice a week.

Mark - 7/10

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
Writing a review on a 2007 Yeti 303 as we speak...

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
Maxxis Minion DHF 2.35 60a

Despite the hype these tires stink in all but soft and moist dirt as long as there is water in the soil they rock but on bone dry hard pack and sand over hard pack they are some of the worst tires ever and randomly shoot out and toss you out of control but they roll fast and are light

moist ground-8/10

Dry/sand over hardpack-3/10

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
I would review my SX but i don't have the attention span to write out that much.

9.8/10 depending what riding you're using it for

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
Sunline V-1 bars midrise

Great bars super stiff very light for dh and look great the extra with is nice
no complaints
10/10

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
2007 Yeti 303

Ok well first I'm going to devide the review into 4 sections since it's impossible to categorize the entire bike as a whole.

Performance 11/10- Two words. Holy shit. Out of the dozens of DH bikes I've ridden, nothing rips faster than this bike and has the the pedalling effieciency of a hardtail. The suspension is designed so it provides an upwards for abotu 5 inches of travel axle path and the rest 3 1/2 inches for a rearwards axle path. That means you get excellent pedalling efficiency and small bumb compliance but once you hit the obsticle such as a drop, the rearward axle path forms like a virtual tranny which gives the bike a more bottomless feeling. I can't describe how well it pedal. It appears that when you stand up and pedal hard, the frame locks up and moves only very slightly. The suspension design is mainly designed for as Yeti states, square endged hits such as roots and rocks which slow a rider down the most. It's extremely efficieant soaking up square hits like nothing and picks up speed insanly fast. The bike is also a great jumper. Mine weighs about 44 pounds but can be brought down to around 41.

Ease of use 8/10- Well along with its burning speed, a control is needed. You require quick actions and you must understand the bike and how it behaves. It's truely unusual. It does the rough work for you, but it's up to you to control it. Expiereinced racers will benefit the most.

Maintanence ***Depends!***- Well its hard to give it a score since it depends wether you like to maintain it or no. Obviously because of it's suspension,it requires quite a maintance. A rebuild of the rail cars and cleaning of the sliders is to be done after every very muddy ride or every 3-4weeks depending on how well you take care of it. I baby the thing so that's my schedule. It's intimidating at first, to take it apart, but really you get the hang of it and a full rebuild can be done in about an hour. After every ride I wipe down the rails and put a small amount of grease into it. Takes about 5 minutes. Overall yes its alot to maintain compared to other bikes but it pays off. HUGE TIME. It's very well worth it and you willnot regret it.

Other 10/10- The bike comes top spec straight out from Yeti. Mine was a custom build. I could not have been happier with the looks of it. Yeti out alot of little details into the bike such as the cool cable guides, stock Ti bolt harware, SDG Ti railed seat, thompson post, and headtube emblem. All the more which make things better.

Overall I would give it a 9.5/10- The bike is excellent. If you can find one out there in extremely good condition and as inexpensive as the one I am selling, then it's the best you can get for the money. I love the bike. In made me into alot better of a rider. Although its more to maintain, It's worth every penny. Podium finish guaranteed.

I probably missed some things to write about as I'm multi taskign this and a Shakespeare essay. I'll look over it later and better it.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
This is the most biased worthless thread...

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
igz- wrote:
My thoughts exactly.

I'll review the Specialized Demo 8, Commencal Supreme DH, and Santa Cruz v10 shortly. Hopefully I can shed an honest opinion that will actually help people find a bike.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
i liked your review of your bike untill this last section that made it apparent that this thread was just made as another platform to try and sell your bike.

dhrunner wrote:
2007 Yeti 303

Overall I would give it a 9.5/10- The bike is excellent. If you can find one out there in extremely good condition and as inexpensive as the one I am selling, then it's the best you can get for the money. I love the bike. In made me into alot better of a rider. Although its more to maintain, It's worth every penny. Podium finish guaranteed.

I probably missed some things to write about as I'm multi taskign this and a Shakespeare essay. I'll look over it later and better it.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 14:32 Quote
coca wrote:
igz- wrote:
My thoughts exactly.

I'll review the Specialized Demo 8, Commencal Supreme DH, and Santa Cruz v10 shortly. Hopefully I can shed an honest opinion that will actually help people find a bike.

i'm considering buying an 09 demo 8II frame and have ridden a red 07 almost identical to the one you had so i'm interested in reading your review and comparison of the 3 bikes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.875186
Mobile Version of Website