Powered by Outside

Bike check for buying a used bike

PB Forum :: Specialized
Bike check for buying a used bike
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
would saving 700 more for a 2008 ne giant reign x1 be better?
Yes

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
depends on the riding you'll do. SX trail is more DH, and the x1 is advanced XC and sorta all mountain

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:
Yes

the thing is the shop might sell it and then it would be gone what could i do to hold it

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:
Yes

the thing is the shop might sell it and then it would be gone what could i do to hold it
Borrow money and pay it off.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:51 Quote
If you want the SX Trail, get it. It's up to you.

Mod
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:51 Quote
There is no shortage of bikes. There are different bikes being sold every day and new ones be added. If one gets sold, move on to the next.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
windowlicker wrote:

i want the sx because of the price but im worried ill end up paying more then the reign in upgrades

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
There is no shortage of bikes. There are different bikes being sold every day and new ones be added. If one gets sold, move on to the next.

well for my price range its hard to find bikes and its also a pain that if its used it can only be local

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
i would say that would be a much better choice

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
laurie1 wrote:

Exactly.

Here's a business lesson for you (tacobell) that I just noticed. When buying something, don't let the seller know that you're really interested in the product. I look and I see that your tagline is "wants the SX trail". As soon as an intelligent seller sees that, they're going to be a lot less likely to deal on the price because they know that you really want it and you'll more than likely pay the extra couple bills to get one. Just a little piece of information for the future.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:58 Quote
think about what will happen oif you dont like the bike! thats what happened with my morewood!

tacobell123 wrote:
windowlicker wrote:

i want the sx because of the price but im worried ill end up paying more then the reign in upgrades
It's not a great deal... Check CL.

Mod
There are so many people that ride in Cali that buying used shouldn't be a problem. If you are very worried, see if you can get your parents to front you the money and you work it off via doing chores or whatever else you do instead of getting an allowance.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 20:59 Quote
ecostigan wrote:
think about what will happen oif you dont like the bike! thats what happened with my morewood!

why didnt you like your morewood?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012087
Mobile Version of Website