Powered by Outside

Do you ride alone ?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Do you ride alone ?
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
Mazekwon wrote:
norcokid93 wrote:
alot of people say freeride and dh alone is dumb but i do it all the time, as long as you have a cellphone with you your good.
really? what if you crash and break your cell phone?

Not just that, but what about if you knock yourself unconscious, your pretty stuffed.
Or if your phone falls out of your pocket and your paralysed...
where i ride if anything like that happend it would only be like 30min at max till someone finds you.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
norcokid93 wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
Mazekwon wrote:
really? what if you crash and break your cell phone?

Not just that, but what about if you knock yourself unconscious, your pretty stuffed.
where i ride if anything like that happend it would only be like 30min at max till someone finds you.

If your lucky...
It really doesnt matter tbh, 30 minutes could be 5minutes to long.
2 scenarios...
A)Just imagine if your bleeding a hell of a lot...and you have a friend or a phone with you. You have enough energy to ring/your friend rings for help and someone manages to get to you within 10-20minutes...in the time being of the person coming to you your friend manages to apply pressure to slow the loss of blood...Luckily your life is saved.
B)Just imagine your bleeding a hell of a lot...you have a phone but youve forgotten it ( coincidence? ). at the same time your friend was going to the dentist (again coincidence) so couldnt ride...So its just you on your own with no phone...You fall cut yourself and bleed a lot...within 20minutes youl have lost so much blood you start to lose consciouness...someone eventually turns up within 30 minutes but by that time your life may have already gone...

You see my point off...10 minutes really isnt much of a difference...Going by the judgement of 30minuts untill somebody should find me isnt the best thing to go by...
Im not in any saying dont go ride on your own...Just saying that having the mentality of thinking that oh if i fall of someone will find me isnt the best thing to do. Dont rely on others. isnt it like 10minutes unconscious and you can have serious braindamage or something?

I wouldnt run the risk...

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
I mostly ride alone because no one close to me rides. I bring a phone but the signals a bit dodgy only thing is i tell my parebnts when i'll be back and they know my tracks

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
as a BMXer yes i do sometimes but freeriding somewhere alone i would feel uncomfly Eek

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
yeah, ride build, the whole shabbang... frinds dont ride... Blank Stare with friends like these, who needs enimies?

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
norcokid93 wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:

If your lucky...
It really doesnt matter tbh, 30 minutes could be 5minutes to long.
2 scenarios...
A)Just imagine if your bleeding a hell of a lot...and you have a friend or a phone with you. You have enough energy to ring/your friend rings for help and someone manages to get to you within 10-20minutes...in the time being of the person coming to you your friend manages to apply pressure to slow the loss of blood...Luckily your life is saved.
B)Just imagine your bleeding a hell of a lot...you have a phone but youve forgotten it ( coincidence? ). at the same time your friend was going to the dentist (again coincidence) so couldnt ride...So its just you on your own with no phone...You fall cut yourself and bleed a lot...within 20minutes youl have lost so much blood you start to lose consciouness...someone eventually turns up within 30 minutes but by that time your life may have already gone...

You see my point off...10 minutes really isnt much of a difference...Going by the judgement of 30minuts untill somebody should find me isnt the best thing to go by...
Im not in any saying dont go ride on your own...Just saying that having the mentality of thinking that oh if i fall of someone will find me isnt the best thing to do. Dont rely on others. isnt it like 10minutes unconscious and you can have serious braindamage or something?

I wouldnt run the risk...

i no what you mean, and i no its not the smartest thing to do but part of the reason why i do this kind of riding is because of the risks

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
yeah, it would take day for someone to find me if i fell, my mom would notice i wasnt in time for lunch or dinner, but she doesnt know the whole trails, she knows the old trail, that also has a walking lane on the side... but yeah, riding alone puts me off trying some big stuff Frown

but whenever i ride with someone i get nervous and allways fall off xD

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
yeah, it would take day for someone to find me if i fell, my mom would notice i wasnt in time for lunch or dinner, but she doesnt know the whole trails, she knows the old trail, that also has a walking lane on the side... but yeah, riding alone puts me off trying some big stuff Frown

but whenever i ride with someone i get nervous and allways fall off xD

so dont think about them when you are doing something

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
norcokid93 wrote:
i no what you mean, and i no its not the smartest thing to do but part of the reason why i do this kind of riding is because of the risks
good point. i see why people should wear helmets all the time wether it be street/trail, but i don't.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
i ride alone all the time. no one wants to ride with me Frown i just get on with it

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
heartbreakhero wrote:
i ride alone all the time. no one wants to ride with me Frown i just get on with it
tru say

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
i will ride alone quite often - about a few hours a day. everybody else seems to arive much later and leave alot earlier than meFrown

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 13:08 Quote
norcokid93 wrote:
heartbreakhero wrote:
tru say

yes

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 13:23 Quote
i'm alone like 75% of the time i'm out on my bike
i live out in the middle of nowhere so i have to bike out to meet people so thers no real point

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
75% alone, my shift work conflicts with my buddies

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020112
Mobile Version of Website