Powered by Outside

My SX build - Work log

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
My SX build - Work log
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 3:35 Quote
NarrowBars wrote:
Let the build commence.....
Fitted Fox 40R's, Sunline bars, Hope stem, Hope headset, Bontrager grips, Hope barends.

I have a dumb question, I just picked a 07 SX Trail 3, which came with the Fox DHX 5. The spring looks weird on mine. What size spring is on your bike? Not the Weight, 2.80?

Awesome build, I have been wondering about putting a dual crown on the bike. Looks hot.

Thanks

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 18:02 Quote
airtym wrote:
NarrowBars wrote:
Let the build commence.....
Fitted Fox 40R's, Sunline bars, Hope stem, Hope headset, Bontrager grips, Hope barends.

I have a dumb question, I just picked a 07 SX Trail 3, which came with the Fox DHX 5. The spring looks weird on mine. What size spring is on your bike? Not the Weight, 2.80?

Awesome build, I have been wondering about putting a dual crown on the bike. Looks hot.

Thanks

lets see a pick might it be ti?

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 18:06 Quote
A Fox 2.8" stroke spring is a 2.5" - 2.75" stroke spring for other manufacturers.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 18:30 Quote
NarrowBars wrote:
gooieshred wrote:
did you think about a white 40?

I am thinking of getting an 09 top crown and integrated step, and ti spring on the rear. Then I think I would be struggling to develope this rig any further.

Do u think i should 2010 boxxer teams for this sx?
How do the 40s handle with your sx and do u run it low or high bb.
photo

Sorry about mud i need to take new pics

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 18:36 Quote
white 40 would prob look better as it is white and matches your frame better and when lowered wont have just a "B" and part of the "o" showing on the stantion. altho a 40 is going to cost more i think it would be worth it Wink

while your at it look at spraying your front wheel white, i cant literally picture it will like SICK Cool

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 19:13 Quote
NWray wrote:
white 40 would prob look better as it is white and matches your frame better and when lowered wont have just a "B" and part of the "o" showing on the stantion. altho a 40 is going to cost more i think it would be worth it Wink

while your at it look at spraying your front wheel white, i cant literally picture it will like SICK Cool

Apperantly because the totem crown is so beefed up compared to the boxxer that it ends up being almost the same length from axle to the bottom part of the headset

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 20:04 Quote
also the totem is MUCH stiffer than the boxxer(old one at-least new ones haven't been out long enough to tell) seeing as its 32/35mm(old/new) stantions vs 40 mm

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 13:09 Quote
cooldudethatate wrote:
Do u think i should 2010 boxxer teams for this sx?
How do the 40s handle with your sx and do u run it low or high bb.

I have discussed the reasons I went for a tripple crown, my DH appplication, slightly lowered internally (one reason I used the 40: to balance the front and rear suspension), all this has been discussed.

My friend also ran his with a Totem, felt suprisingly different. I eventually prefered the 40 after much fiddling and testing, increasing the head tube height and slackening the head angle really helped me attain the DH feel I was after. Ran the low BB angle and still high compared to my Sunday. The tripple does give a different feel, angles, bending moments and damping characteristics were a big part of this not just sticking ona big fork for the hell of it, I did my research.

I would say if you are looking for a more DH feel then it's worth a serious approach. I prefer not to tell people to do, just give my opinion and if they really want to do it they can make their own mind up. I loved that bike, but I wouldn't force it on anyone. It was perfect for me........don't be a sheep.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 19:11 Quote
tripple clamp there arent three crowns.... just pointing it out...

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 at 5:39 Quote
Seriously..... Tripple crown or tripple clamp, one refers to a protrusion of a circular object, two stations and a tube, the other refers to the clamps around these protrusions. There is no difference, there has never been any confusion in the cycling world.

But if you have questions about the bike I'll gladly answer them.

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 20:44 Quote
NarrowBars wrote:
Seriously..... Tripple crown or tripple clamp, one refers to a protrusion of a circular object, two stations and a tube, the other refers to the clamps around these protrusions. There is no difference, there has never been any confusion in the cycling world.

But if you have questions about the bike I'll gladly answer them.
its double crown though bud...

double crown
triple clamp

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.725810
Mobile Version of Website