Powered by Outside

Rules for trail guests

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Rules for trail guests
O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
Ok so I had some dirt jumps. I needed help to finish building them so I brought this kid who I don't really like to help me build some more. when we were done,we rode them. I was Trying to teach him how to hit this really weird jump but he kept on being a wimp and just skidding and stopping on the lip. eventually he got pissed off and started yelling and swearing and kicking his bike. The jumps were below a house where they had little kids, and they let me borrow their tools. but cause of hime screaming and swearing, they're not as freindly to me anymore. he broke his bike while kicking it and that made him even more pissed. when i went back the next day, the jumps were wrecked and he was standing there building a tiny crap jump in one of the run ins.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
luckynugget wrote:
Ok so I had some dirt jumps. I needed help to finish building them so I brought this kid who I don't really like to help me build some more. when we were done,we rode them. I was Trying to teach him how to hit this really weird jump but he kept on being a wimp and just skidding and stopping on the lip. eventually he got pissed off and started yelling and swearing and kicking his bike. The jumps were below a house where they had little kids, and they let me borrow their tools. but cause of hime screaming and swearing, they're not as freindly to me anymore. he broke his bike while kicking it and that made him even more pissed. when i went back the next day, the jumps were wrecked and he was standing there building a tiny crap jump in one of the run ins.
What a DICK!!!

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 12:29 Quote
dorchesterbiketrail wrote:
trail-monster wrote:
At one trail i was working on awhile ago, some1 would keep steeling my stuff and when i made a dj and it was still drying they would ride it and get it all rutty. One day i put a sigh up that said, if u steal another shovel ill hunt you down and shove it up your ass punk. Now you must understand, i am a man off my word therefore, i put a shovel out in the open, and had a lil steak out lol finally a guy comes and sees the sign, but he takes the shovel anyway, oooo its on now, so i wait (cuz i really wanted to freak him out) and i very quietly fallowed him to his house. So the next day i go there and ring the bell the lil ass answered and i told him to go get my shovels and bend over because paybacks a bitch son.... Needless to say i did not have a stealing problem anymore.
it would have been better if he stole a bobcat or a chainsaw wouldnt be able to steal anything again
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 21:25 Quote
no dirt bikes or atvs allowed on jumps

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 9:13 Quote
iamaskier333 wrote:
no dirt bikes or atvs allowed on jumps
no dirt bikes or atv's at all

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
i keep a log laying across the entrance to my trail area and someone is obsessed with hiding it
its wet dirty and heavy i hate moving it back
they have no reason or purpose to hide it this is getting rediculos

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 13:07 Quote
i keep a log laying across the entrance to my trail area and someone is obsessed with hiding it

Add more logs?

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:

Add more logs?
get a hunting motion censer camera like this
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0046650417898a&navCount=5&podId=0046650&parentId=cat20098&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat602006-cat601629-cat20098&catalogCode=QZ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20098&hasJS=true

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
Our local jumps were totalled a few months ago, some yobs cut the jumps in half and filled them in. This was an enormous task as the trails were massive, and they managed to find the time to do all this so that they could roll their bikes over them. We got in touch with the council who payed 300 quid for a digger to help us rebuild the trails. When we'd finished the medium line we put logs in front of the takeoffs and the landings and some rope we found. The next day written into the mud was "THE COUNCIL ARE C**TS" and "THE RAMPS ARE SH*T NOW", I love how they call them ramps! Now I'm living in fear that every time we go back to finsh them were going to find them levelled. But maybe they've realised they cant win so have buggered off pissed and swearing. Vandals are too lazy to pick up tools and do a full day of demolishing usually.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
PineyplayParadiddles wrote:
Our local jumps were totalled a few months ago, some yobs cut the jumps in half and filled them in. This was an enormous task as the trails were massive, and they managed to find the time to do all this so that they could roll their bikes over them. We got in touch with the council who payed 300 quid for a digger to help us rebuild the trails. When we'd finished the medium line we put logs in front of the takeoffs and the landings and some rope we found. The next day written into the mud was "THE COUNCIL ARE C**TS" and "THE RAMPS ARE SH*T NOW", I love how they call them ramps! Now I'm living in fear that every time we go back to finsh them were going to find them levelled. But maybe they've realised they cant win so have buggered off pissed and swearing. Vandals are too lazy to pick up tools and do a full day of demolishing usually.

wait for them to come and talk to them, just say we spend lots of time on here and effort and say if you want to ride go build your own jumps instead of f*cking up ours and if you be reasonable with them and not shout im sure they wont come back tup thats what were like with the mx riders and there fine with it, we just say we dont mind you riding here just dont ride the jumps and if you do make your own Smile

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
towers08 wrote:

wait for them to come and talk to them, just say we spend lots of time on here and effort and say if you want to ride go build your own jumps instead of f*cking up ours and if you be reasonable with them and not shout im sure they wont come back tup thats what were like with the mx riders and there fine with it, we just say we dont mind you riding here just dont ride the jumps and if you do make your own Smile

Yeah weve told loads of the local kids that come down to roll around about the jumps and they all understand, and we tell them to tell the friends when they come down. Its the vandals, teenagers about 13 year olds that act all tough say they're really into riding, but have no idea what they're doing, and believe that because they cant ride the large doubles we have built, nobody can so they fill them in. The worst part is that they ride them really rarely, even after they've wrecked them. There are some private trails near us in the countryside so if it comes down to it we'll find the landowners that build them and ask them if we can dig with them and ride their trails. We spent 2 hours finding out what their names were the other day, we're respectful and want to pitch in.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
the thing with wreakers is they have no reason to go through all the work of wreaking stuff so rebuild it till they learn its not worth their time rebuilding is a reason to spend time and effort

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
photo

A good rule sign doesn't hurt. Always have no dig no ride as the first rule.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 19:51 Quote
efiles123 wrote:
photo

the problem with no digg no ride is
if you want it done right do it yourself

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 21:20 Quote
efiles123 wrote:
photo

the problem with no digg no ride is
if you want it done right do it yourself
Thats true but as long as you're there to supervise its all good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031013
Mobile Version of Website