Powered by Outside

Official Kicking Horse thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kicking Horse thread
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
sounds sick so will the spiral tap be included in the race then?

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
BlackCrowe wrote:
Pioneer - new short connector - Lower Kranky Pants - Easy Rider

Not necessarily, we don't like some of the aspects of this option. We are still talking with Jordan about it.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
good because i was thinking if that was part of the race alot of people would fall while going fast down that would be a great place to set up a camera though to catch some gnarly crashes

FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
My wife and I just got our season's passes yesterday. Can't wait until it opens. Any more info on the race course route?

FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
Still being negotiated. Glad to hear about the passes. Such a deal.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
north123shore wrote:
johnmcisaac wrote:
well i heard they were going to do pycohis at KH this year so they would have to have a good DH course
I think that is all a rumor. I have not heard any proof of that eventhough i would love to see it happen.

Proove me wrong Smile

Psychosis will not be at KHMR but we (ADHRA) are planning a race tentatively called the Western Canada Cup on July 11-12. KMHR are building a brand new DH race course specifically for this race (in the 4 minute range). There will be an award for the province with the fastest group of riders, BC or Alberta. A little friendly competition between the provinces.

It's going to be a GREAT event!! Mark it on your calendar.

Cheers,
Doug
I'm not sure how you can call this the Western Canada Cup when it is not part of the Canada Cup series???

FL
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 10:06 Quote
d-man wrote:
bigheaddoug wrote:
north123shore wrote:

I think that is all a rumor. I have not heard any proof of that eventhough i would love to see it happen.

Proove me wrong Smile

Psychosis will not be at KHMR but we (ADHRA) are planning a race tentatively called the Western Canada Cup on July 11-12. KMHR are building a brand new DH race course specifically for this race (in the 4 minute range). There will be an award for the province with the fastest group of riders, BC or Alberta. A little friendly competition between the provinces.

It's going to be a GREAT event!! Mark it on your calendar.

Cheers,
Doug
I'm not sure how you can call this the Western Canada Cup when it is not part of the Canada Cup series???

Western Cup not Western Canada Cup / AB Vs BC

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 15:29 Quote
should be sick!! but isnt pioneer to kranky to easy rider a little more then 4 minutes?

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 8:39 Quote
Any info on where the snow level's at, and what trails should be open for opening weekend?

FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
muchomas wrote:
Any info on where the snow level's at, and what trails should be open for opening weekend?

I just posted the first blog of the season, but forgot to address this question, so thanks for asking.
Blaster down will be open June 12. There is still 85cm at the base of Crystal Bowl, so as usual it will be the 10 Rd to Blaster until we get some of that heat back.
I just looked outside to see it has started raining. This we need. Hope it lasts for a while. But pray it doesn't rain on June 12 because the combo of rain, fresh trails and bikes usually kills trails!

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 12:35 Quote
I just posted the first blog of the season [Quote]

Hey BC,

Can you direct me to the blog? I searched around on a few different sites and couldn't find it...

FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
T-Dubya wrote:
I just posted the first blog of the season [Quote]

Hey BC,

Can you direct me to the blog? I searched around on a few different sites and couldn't find it...

It will be on the PB homepage on Wednesday. But here it is: http://blackcrowe.pinkbike.com/blog/

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
im going up to kicking horse for my birthday on the 19th but i was wondering if the hill will be really crazy so i was wondering if i could get some ideas of what trails i should stick to

FL
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 19:00 Quote
Crazy? Yeah it's going to be crazy. Crazy good! Crazy like your are having the best time of your life crazy!
But seriously, what is crazy? Crazy is riding trails way beyond your ability. So you have to know what your abilities are and improve them in baby steps. I recommend at Kicking Horse that if you have never been here before, start on the green runs. Whatever route you choose, you have to descend 1,200m, which is a long way. So start easy. Once you are comfortable on green, step it up to blue, and so on to double black.
If you buy a season pass, then you can do runs all summer and have the best stories and be the coolest kid in school in September.
Have a great birthday. Hope it doesn't rain. Then it can be kinda crazy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028000
Mobile Version of Website