Powered by Outside

Cam McCaul INterview Questions - post them here!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Cam McCaul INterview Questions - post them here!
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
brule wrote:
Hey everyone, I am going to be doing an interview with Cam McCaul shortly and wanted to let you have the opportunity to post your questions in here too for him.

What do you want to ask the man himself?

Where can we see the interview?

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
andrew22 wrote:
Will he send me an autogragh?

Will he let me use the river gap jump used in NWD9?

What was his first mountain bike?

How much does he make a year? hahaha

Did he have fun repoing that stolen bike?

And, tell him he's my favorite rider ever!!!!!

Oh and did that shoe kicked up in the air on NWD9 really nock him down, and did it hurt?

Crazy questions but I really want to know!

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
where is the jump in the forest beside all those big trees near a river in BC? becuase i did not know where he was talking about haha

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 20:05 Quote
What motivates him to ride everyday?
If he had the chance to ride anywhere in the world where would it be?
Whats your greatest accomplishment?
Whats your favourite competition to compete in?
What is your favourite style of riding?

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
ethier wrote:
where is the jump in the forest beside all those big trees near a river in BC? becuase i did not know where he was talking about haha

That was funny!

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:06 Quote
i'd ask Cam to discuss the role his parents have played in the development of his career as a mountain biker. i'm sure it would be interesting to have him reflect on his childhood and the obvious influence and prescence that they have/ have had in his life. he might also give some advice or opinions to all the older riders here who have kids and are keen to have them participate in this stupid sport-haha.

cam is known for his "energetic and enthusiastic" personality, and his seemingly tireless participation in the sport. history has shown many great athletes were or would have been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, and have difficulties dealing with a less dynamic environment such as the classroom. was cam always as effusive as he presents himself in the mtn bike world? and did this present any difficulties for him in school or outside of his sports? does he have any opinions/ advice about this for others?(read-cam seems pretty ADHD in my unprofessional opinion, but it suits the sport and his character well. this question might lead to further discussion about his involvement/ passion in the sport.)

cam uses a gear shift on his downtube for his slopestyle bike- likely for easier barspins. what else has he added on his bike to help his tricks.

photo

a pic i took of him from c worx shows his downtubes gear selector.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:09 Quote
DamienTD wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
pretty sure its five times haha. but one hell of a rider

ya hes cursed at whistler crankworx or something

yeah. in an interview he said that if he doesnt get 4th at c-worx then he will grow a 3rd ear on his forehead hahaha

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:18 Quote
obee1 wrote:
i'd ask Cam to discuss the role his parents have played in the development of his career as a mountain biker. i'm sure it would be interesting to have him reflect on his childhood and the obvious influence and prescence that they have/ have had in his life. he might also give some advice or opinions to all the older riders here who have kids and are keen to have them participate in this stupid sport-haha.

cam is known for his "energetic and enthusiastic" personality, and his seemingly tireless participation in the sport. history has shown many great athletes were or would have been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, and have difficulties dealing with a less dynamic environment such as the classroom. was cam always as effusive as he presents himself in the mtn bike world? and did this present any difficulties for him in school or outside of his sports? does he have any opinions/ advice about this for others?(read-cam seems pretty ADHD in my unprofessional opinion, but it suits the sport and his character well. this question might lead to further discussion about his involvement/ passion in the sport.)

cam uses a gear shift on his downtube for his slopestyle bike- likely for easier barspins. what else has he added on his bike to help his tricks.

photo

a pic i took of him from c worx shows his downtubes gear selector.
Actually the reason that the shifter is there is because otherwise it would defeat the purpose of his hydro-gyro.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:19 Quote
What does he plan on doing AFTER mountain biking?

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:21 Quote
dustingilding wrote:
What does he plan on doing AFTER mountain biking?

ill bet you he has no idea. but cam being cam, he would probably say something funny ahaha

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:27 Quote
It's definitely a killer, I know that a lot of people don't even want to think about that, but like Paul B said "In ten years I'll be a nobody, that's how action sports work"

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:29 Quote
dustingilding wrote:
It's definitely a killer, I know that a lot of people don't even want to think about that, but like Paul B said "In ten years I'll be a nobody, that's how action sports work"

unless ur like shandro

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
dustingilding wrote:

unless ur like shandro
He's in a different discipline though

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:12 Quote
my biology teacher says he known McCaul for awhile and used to be his neighbor or something like that its sick!!!!

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
dustingilding wrote:

dude, that was the most emo thing ive ever heard...couldnt stand that part of the movie

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017542
Mobile Version of Website