Am i improving? How can i improve more? *Newer vids on page 5 and 6*

PB Forum :: Beginners
Am i improving? How can i improve more? *Newer vids on page 5 and 6*
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:20 Quote
im not an expert but it seems you are REALLY stiff and are putting no effort into turning and stuff but just lean the bike more in turns lower your seat sit low and almost be limp so the bike moves more and you dont keep it stiff

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 11:56 Quote
i may be nit picking but on the berms get your outside leg down, its so much easier to turn with your weight on the outside.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 12:04 Quote
uhm... you can pedal! Your going WAY too slow to turn properly! get off the brakes!!! that trail doesn't look too fast, get going to more like 10-15 mph and pump like a mofo over the jumps and rollers.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 12:41 Quote
another point i try and do is not actually deathgrip the bars keep a loose grip but enough to maintain steering if things go wrong

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 1:39 Quote
Tried to put a few of these tips into practice, and here's the result
Views: 270    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

not a great improvement i know but this was only from a few rides, but i'm gonna start riding more again now and hopefully will improve more Smile

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 1:42 Quote
Much better! now all you need to do is go faster! you cornering is good for now, you will learn quickly.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 3:55 Quote
Much improved, you look much more comfortable on your bike now, really good.

Now put some power on those pedals and clear them jumps!

Tip: pump up the take-off by pushing through with your legs and get the bike level in the air. When you get level you should start to feel yourself almost falling forwards so you land both wheels at the same time on the landing, or even front wheel first on the jumps in the video.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 4:34 Quote
cheers! will do tup jumping is definately something i need to work on... need to get more confident for them and i need to work on technique aswell.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 4:55 Quote
BullBoy1992 wrote:
cheers! will do tup jumping is definately something i need to work on... need to get more confident for them and i need to work on technique aswell.

Sweet vid man,and I'm as old as the hills and still haven't mastered jumps yet.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 8:31 Quote
marquis wrote:
BullBoy1992 wrote:

Sweet vid man,and I'm as old as the hills and still haven't mastered jumps yet.

Thanks Smile Haha, i think it'll be a while before i master jumps too Razz oh well, practice makes perfect! i'm gonna have to practice a lot... Big Grin

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 17:11 Quote
Don't be afraid to open up the throttle, use your brakes wisely and go faster, it's also a lot more fun.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 22:27 Quote
I'm scared of anything dirtjump like, that steep lip scares the hell out of me. But the DJers call me crazy doing a 20 foot gap (only get about 5 feet in the air)

I am gaining confidence on the steep lip stuff though. Most jumps it's all about hitting them with confidence, physics will do the rest.

Posted: Feb 20, 2010 at 11:06 Quote
Vast improvement speed wise! keep it up! on learning to jump i found the best way is to start bmx... i used to be exactly like you, very stiff, but the i swaped the 26" for a 20" for a year and i wasnt even riding dirt on my bmx just street you might think what the hell has bmx got to do with trail riding.... well in truth nothing but it vastly improves your skill and confidence on the bike i found this out when i once again swaped 20" for 26" and now im prity fast on my bike and im not afraid to try things. oh yeah and competition is basically a very fast way to improve your skill, find someone who is roughly the same skill as you and then when he learns something new you will be inclined to try it!

Posted: Feb 22, 2010 at 10:45 Quote
Cheers, yeah, i have been thinking bout that... i'll have to see how things go before getting a bmx... will definately find some riding buddies though, will make it more fun Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022993
Mobile Version of Website