Powered by Outside

Light, cheap all-mountain hardtail

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Light, cheap all-mountain hardtail
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:

u do know that it's a life time warranty on the frame right? i think u can go up to a 5inch travel fork without voiding your warranty
what is the lifetime of the frame?

life time as in.... u can break it at anytime... and get a new one...

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
NWray wrote:
Mazekwon wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:

u do know that it's a life time warranty on the frame right? i think u can go up to a 5inch travel fork without voiding your warranty

life time as in.... u can break it at anytime... and get a new one...
Lifetime is a pretty misunderstood term, it usually means it will last as long as it is meant to last. so if the average life of that frame is 3yrs it's a 3yr warranty. if it's 2yrs it's a 2yr warranty. not for how long the thing will stay atomically correct. so i would check into that first.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:

i think it might be forever. not sure though

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
NWray wrote:
EWT-13 wrote:
NWray wrote:
id go with the b-17Smile

good for dj, dh, fr, xc, urban, anything?

by looking at it looks an All Mountain bikeSmile good at just about every thing... not great at anything...

Defintly go for the b-17. i had a 07 one and possibly one of the best bikes ever (will go mental if i ever see the person riding who nicked it of me)

it is truly one of the most fun bikes i have had. just make sure you get the size right. the bike could do it all, good at dj, but not perfect. felt very nice and stable at high down hill speeds. climbs so easily as it is very light. and the forks were very good for the price, they where rock shox toros i think. that was my only complaint with the bike. the forks where so heavy compared to the rest of the bike, so it did feel unblanced at times. and hard to manual if you felt like busting out some manual action!

hope this helps!

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
B-17 sounds good

Does anyone know how to go about obtaing this bike, seeing as it isnt sold any more by Marin and I cant find any used online

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 17:10 Quote
well u could look throw the buy and sell on here... go to a shop to see if they have one.... possibilities are endless...

EDIT: there isnt one on pb just looked...

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 19:33 Quote
NWray wrote:
well u could look throw the buy and sell on here... go to a shop to see if they have one.... possibilities are endless...

oh ya dare is i found

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 10:17 Quote
EWT-13 wrote:
NWray wrote:

oh ya dare is i found

well there wasnt one wen i looked.....

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
its not in the buysell don worry bout it

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
okay, Marin B-17 is too unobtainable, Im still looking for a Light, cheap all-mountain hardtail

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
i still say go for the specialized hardrock sport disc. as long as it's 2007 or older, u will have a strong, versatile,sweet ride for cheap. (the 08's and newer are really curvy, look really xc, and are not nearly as strong as 07's or older)

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
i still say go for the specialized hardrock sport disc. as long as it's 2007 or older, u will have a strong, versatile,sweet ride for cheap. (the 08's and newer are really curvy, look really xc, and are not nearly as strong as 07's or older)
gotcha

but i tried an 09 or 08 at lbs and it was totally entry-level
so the guy said try Spec. p1 All-Mtn disc, which is what im lookin at now, $580 new, do you think that or the pre-07 hardrock would be better?

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
EWT-13 wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:
gotcha

but i tried an 09 or 08 at lbs and it was totally entry-level
so the guy said try Spec. p1 All-Mtn disc, which is what im lookin at now, $580 new, do you think that or the pre-07 hardrock would be better?

when i got my ride, it was $600, brand spankin new. the p.1 sounds good, but i think u mught be able to get a hardrock for less.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
What year was yours?
Id like to know which year model would be best, theres an 07 hardrock for 275 used, hard to believe its a good all-mtn not an entry-level

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028145
Mobile Version of Website