Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

What is the best DJ bike?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What is the best DJ bike?
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 13:18 Quote
I've got a P3, and for a stock complete it is pretty dope, I have an 07, and the '10 and '09 are sick.
I haven't really ridden TONS of other DJ/Street stock bikes, but I liked the P3 the best; hence why I got it lawls.

Edit: I especially liked it because it came with a front break, so I can take it on an off depending on if I want to do some trail riding rather than just sticking to street/park.

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 21:02 Quote
cam1001 wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:
well i havent ridden every dj bike so i wouldnt know but id reccomen a gian stp transition double or a trasition TOP i havent ridden a TOP but ive heard amazing things bout them and plus if its even half as good as the double itl be very amazing my double is an amazing DJer its also great for street and trails to and works pretty good for XC and the STP can do everthing its better on dj street and trail but its still strong enuf to do DH theyre all amazing DJers but incase u wana do sumthin else wit them to theyre more than willing IMO
yeah transitions are expensive as hell thoguh
ya but u get what you pay 4 2000 aint bad for a top of the line dj bike like norcos specs dont come ne where near the quality of transitions

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 22:06 Quote
make sure you get a steel bike. for almost any use on a DJ, steel is better than aluminum (ride quality, durability) look at the BLK MRKT Mob or the RIot if you dont want to spend as much.

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 at 9:50 Quote
chromoly is better then steel

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
chromoly is steel you idiot

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
socalnorco wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:
true but its different chromolly is a high carbon steel u can get steel frames and chromoly frames tyhe chromoly frames are better because it doesnt twist like normal steel does as such it lasts longer and is more durable the steel is alloyed with chromium and molybdenum it makes it very a very good strength to weight ratio the only down side is its more expensive.

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
socalnorco wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:
true but its different chromolly is a high carbon steel u can get steel frames and chromoly frames tyhe chromoly frames are better because it doesnt twist like normal steel does as such it lasts longer and is more durable the steel is alloyed with chromium and molybdenum it makes it very a very good strength to weight ratio the only down side is its more expensive.
but it is still steel. your description is just more "descriptive"

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
its not just steel its better lol

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
which is exactally what i just agreed with... happy holidays anyways

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
2005 Norco Team DH

or

Cannondale SuperSix

both are really good in the skate park, but the cannondale should only be used if you're really smooth. If you're a hack, go with the Norco. It's the best bike ever built imo.

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 16:45 Quote
socalnorco wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:
which is exactally what i just agreed with... happy holidays anyways
haha you to

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
o know you said you dont wanna buy a fram and build up, but buy a jackal, a truvanty wheelset, and some cheapo groupset (cheap in the strong range) and stick all that together. it is still pretty cost effective and best of all you get a jackal, well that my opinion

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
socalnorco wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:

high carbon steel is easier to bend/ding or w.e, thats why high carbon steel knives can be sharpened on rocks n stuff, so it how much if would trust a crmo frame if it is high carbon steel....

Posted: Dec 26, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
likemypokemanz wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:
socalnorco wrote:

high carbon steel is easier to bend/ding or w.e, thats why high carbon steel knives can be sharpened on rocks n stuff, so it how much if would trust a crmo frame if it is high carbon steel....
the high content of carbon makes it stronger, harder and less ductile

Posted: Dec 26, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
likemypokemanz wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:

the high content of carbon makes it stronger, harder and less ductile

im confused and educated at same time, Evil Cry Madder Really Mad Very confused Thumbs Down Attention Dead Horse Facepalm 2 cents Whip Jail Emo Blank Stare Confused

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030234
Mobile Version of Website