Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Rewelding frame near where the shock connects to the frame? :(

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rewelding frame near where the shock connects to the frame? :(
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 7:36 Quote
i have 500€ around 440 pounds i think.

this guy is selling a big hit 1 with DHX4, head set FSA The Pig DH Pro, and rear hub Hope Pro II

hes asking for 450€ (381 pounds)

i did notice what seemed like a light dent on the frame... =/
nar the linkage, is yours like that?, like a dent, but comming out of the frame, instead of in.

EDIT:
and then theres this guy
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/468223/

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
hi i also have a cracked aluminium frame and want to know how strong thr repair will be its an azonic saber frame (think this crack is recurring problem with this frame) and has a very small crack at the bottom of chainstay near BB. i know a couple of welders but they are not exactly pro bike welders (one guy been welding for about 50 years though) how strong do you think the weld ill make the bike?

il add pics in a sec when i find some Smile
photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 8:22 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
i have 500€ around 440 pounds i think.

this guy is selling a big hit 1 with DHX4, head set FSA The Pig DH Pro, and rear hub Hope Pro II

hes asking for 450€ (381 pounds)

i did notice what seemed like a light dent on the frame... =/
nar the linkage, is yours like that?, like a dent, but comming out of the frame, instead of in.

EDIT:
and then theres this guy
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/468223/

except for the bad paintwork (though the paint on the big hit comes off like paper in water) it looks fine

deal is pretty fair

just depends on how many bearings you may have to replace

and the adjuster on the fork though you can get cartridges as spares

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 8:25 Quote
oh yeah it'll be a bummer to fit a diferent susp =/ so wich big hit? the welsh big hit 3 or the portuguese big hit 1?

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 8:31 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
oh yeah it'll be a bummer to fit a diferent susp =/ so wich big hit? the welsh big hit 3 or the portuguese big hit 1?

have you got a linky to the Portuguese big hit

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 9:13 Quote
he just private messaged everyone in his friend list, i asked for pics, he sent them by email.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023036
Mobile Version of Website