Powered by Outside

Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker

PB Forum :: Downhill
Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 1:02 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.hcfr.pl/images/news/1638_giant_glory_dh_2010_4.JPG
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.freeflowbikes.com/ekmps/shops/freeflowbikes/images/shocker.jpg
I think the only way to figure out which one you want more is to demo them both on the same day. One ride one after another. So you can compare them.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 4:33 Quote
As everyone says, the glory is bang for the buck (the 40, all saint etc), but I've known of endless bearing/bushing replacements. I'm not sure how glorys are for pedaling either but I know they are heavy fockers.

I ride a new shocker and it's great, not super heavy and it pedals without bobbing which is great. So far I can't complain.

Look into the new 2010 Devinci wilson 4. That's roughly the same ball park and a hell of a nice ride now that they have weeded out the problems. Plus it's light

But whatever

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
ok, Viewed all the comments and the stats are as follows.

Giant Glory: 13
Cove Shocker: 5

From What I can sum up, both FRAMES are equal in performance, both have the same amount of travel, geo is pretty much the same, weight is the same but the glory comes with much better components, better warranty and personally, I think the paintjob looks amazing. Oh and the Cove distributer's service is terrible, I asked him like what zises and colors he had and he only told me the price, when I asked him again he didn't even anwer. the glory guy hokked me up with a large frame and is doing me the favor of swapping components from a medium since large's are all out. So I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the glory on monday.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
glorys are sick i ride one and i know a few ppl that have switched from shockers to glorys and they never looked back!

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
it'll be the worst mistake of your life

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
nannerb82 wrote:

maybe, If I would know something the shocker had over the glory... but since that's not the case I'm going to be very happy with my choice.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
nannerb82 wrote:
The worst mistake of your mother's life, was to have you. Glory FTW!

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
Glory is ordered and on the way!! Can't wait to go to whistler, it'll be waiting for me there! just 20 more days babeBeer

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
cove was mountain bike mag's 2008 dh bike of the year. they were talking about how well it pedals, apparently one of their testers did a full 3 mile xc climb with the stock spec, road cassette and all.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
jayjeff333 wrote:
nannerb82 wrote:
The worst mistake of your mother's life, was to have you. Glory FTW!
agreed i know one guy who hucked his glory off a 45 footer and rode away on the bike

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 22:00 Quote
my freinds rear triangle on his glory almost came off

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 22:07 Quote
what the hell did he do hehehehe, well that's what the warranty is for

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 22:10 Quote
konarider567 wrote:
my freinds rear triangle on his glory almost came off
nice bikes are suppose to be maintained properly. you pay for nice shit you should keep it in tip top shape tup . THOUGH if i am wrong and it's some other reason then sorry if i came off a bit mean there.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 22:17 Quote
he is a retard
it just needed to be tightened like everyride for a week then a little locktight fixed the problem...didnt even come close to comming off. just became loose

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
davidhigg wrote:
he is a retard
it just needed to be tightened like everyride for a week then a little locktight fixed the problem...didnt even come close to comming off. just became loose
lol no need to be so harsh! Everyone learns well from experiance just telling people doesn't always work sadly Frown .

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026863
Mobile Version of Website