Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

Why don't YOU try and prove god first. I've already got a pretty good explanation for most things.
OK for the last time GOD requires faith to beleive in JUST LIKE EVOLUTION.
As for the creation of the universe.
(Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self-described agnostic, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen.")

I believe in the tangible world around me, and things that are backed up with good strong evidence.

Yes everything was planted in that very first instant and it seems like you are misinterpreting this. Every piece of matter that has ever existed was created in the big bang. We cannot find out what caused the big bang for sure, 100%, because we were not there. However, we can use physics and evidence that are known now, to piece together what happened moments after it. We use already known phenomenon to create a very in depth and strong theory of what happened at the beginning of time. We can't know 100% but we have a good idea of what did happen. But just because we can't explain what caused the big bang, YET, doesn't mean that a god did it. There's an idea going around that it was caused by giant branes that touched together, releasing a huge amount of energy, that set off the big bang.

And evolution doesn't require faith to believe in. It requires evidence, which we already have.
But how did the indefinitly small mass get there? I guess you could say the same thing about God. (a question that cannot be answered hmm)
IMO it seems like you are saying two diff things you say that we cannot know for certain evolution is real 100% which means it requires faith, yes there are scientific facts to back it up but you can never be 100% sure.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:

OK for the last time GOD requires faith to beleive in JUST LIKE EVOLUTION.
As for the creation of the universe.
(Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self-described agnostic, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen.")

I believe in the tangible world around me, and things that are backed up with good strong evidence.

Yes everything was planted in that very first instant and it seems like you are misinterpreting this. Every piece of matter that has ever existed was created in the big bang. We cannot find out what caused the big bang for sure, 100%, because we were not there. However, we can use physics and evidence that are known now, to piece together what happened moments after it. We use already known phenomenon to create a very in depth and strong theory of what happened at the beginning of time. We can't know 100% but we have a good idea of what did happen. But just because we can't explain what caused the big bang, YET, doesn't mean that a god did it. There's an idea going around that it was caused by giant branes that touched together, releasing a huge amount of energy, that set off the big bang.

And evolution doesn't require faith to believe in. It requires evidence, which we already have.
But how did the indefinitly small mass get there? I guess you could say the same thing about God. (a question that cannot be answered hmm)
IMO it seems like you are saying two diff things you say that we cannot know for certain evolution is real 100% which means it requires faith, yes there are scientific facts to back it up but you can never be 100% sure.

THE BIG BANG IS NOT EVOLUTION YOU STUPID IDIOT! And it's INFINITELY, NOT INDEFINITLY.
It doesn't matter how it got there because it was a singularity and time stops in a singularity so anything previous to the big bang is irrelivant. And it's not faith. Faith is believing something with little to no evidence. Believing something with a lot of evidence and a small margin of error is logical.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 14:48 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

THE BIG BANG IS NOT EVOLUTION YOU STUPID IDIOT! And it's INFINITELY, NOT INDEFINITLY.
It doesn't matter how it got there because it was a singularity and time stops in a singularity so anything previous to the big bang is irrelivant. And it's not faith. Faith is believing something with little to no evidence. Believing something with a lot of evidence and a small margin of error is logical.
A lot of evidence and a small margin of error? Its still not completely true so it requires faith. AND IS THE BIG BANG NOT PART OF THE EVOLUTIONARY THEORY!?! FAITH IS BELEIF IN THE UNKNOWN, do you know that the big bang and evolution are for sure 100% true?
BTW i was right when i said indefinitly "not definite without fixed or specified limit; UNLIMITED" ur a hypocrite, u just got mad at that other guy for correcting you in the details then you do it to me? Logic is something that is 100% true. Like if i say an apple will fall if i let go of it THAT is logical.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
[/Quoten]A lot of evidence and a small margin of error? Its still not completely true so it requires faith. AND IS THE BIG BANG NOT PART OF THE EVOLUTIONARY THEORY!?! FAITH IS BELEIF IN THE UNKNOWN, do you know that the big bang and evolution are for sure 100% true?
BTW i was right when i said indefinitly "not definite without fixed or specified limit; UNLIMITED" ur a hypocrite, u just got mad at that other guy for correcting you in the details then you do it to me? Logic is something that is 100% true. Like if i say an apple will fall if i let go of it THAT is logical.[Quoten]

Scientific theories are much different from religious stories. Faith is not something I'd use to describe a bunch of facts knit closely together to create a strong idea of what is happening in the bigger picture.

The big bang has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.

I know that evolution is 100% true. The theory of evolution is not 100% true.
The big bang is 99% true, based on evidence. God has absolutely no evidence, thus has a infinitesimally small chance of being true.

I'm not correcting you in details. I'm correcting you in huge freaking facts. He corrected me in a detail in how I expressed what I was saying. Just wrong wording really. I'm correcting you for having completely false statements that aren't remotely true.

Indefinite could mean extremely dense, or extremely far apart. Infinitely suggests the highest number possible. So extremely dense.

Yes that is logical. Why is it logical? Because it's based on observations that you have made. So is evolution. Evolution is based on observations we have seen, and created theories around. Thus it is logical.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
None of us 'believe' in the Big Bang. We do not say it is ABSOLUTELY right. We do not say it is UNEQUIVOCALLY TRUE. We say that THE BODY OF SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE (and a very large body at that) SUGGESTS that it is, and it is the most likely explanation for the creation of the universe to boot. This is not even remotely similar to faith in God. How are you unable to make this distinction?

I'll take over for a bit.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
shit man got in over my head . . i think ill just do everyone a favor and stop posting here.
"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them."

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
shit man got in over my head . . i think ill just do everyone a favor and stop posting here.
"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them."

oo big quotes.

I got a few for a few things youve said

"If consequences dictate course of action, and it doesn't matter whats right. It's only wrong if you get caught"
Maynard James Keenan

"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, the possibility of life is destroyed."
Leo Tolstoy,

BTW You're not profiting from them. You have basically ignored everything we've told you about evolution, especially the part of the big bang not even being closely related to evolution

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 15:59 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:

oo big quotes.

I got a few for a few things youve said

"If consequences dictate course of action, and it doesn't matter whats right. It's only wrong if you get caught"
Maynard James Keenan

"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, the possibility of life is destroyed."
Leo Tolstoy,

BTW You're not profiting from them. You have basically ignored everything we've told you about evolution, especially the part of the big bang not even being closely related to evolution
Ah yes Leo Tolstoy a great writer, also a man who aspired to know God.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
That affects your argument in what way?

BTW I answered those questions and statements that I said I would answer. Look up a bit.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
It doesnt. But you respect what Leo Tolstoy has to say right?

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

That won't change my thoughts on god. If I'm going to have anyone sway my opinion on science it will be Einstein, and he's atheist.

I'm not a 12 year old kid that believes whatever his role model believes just for the sake of being like them.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:07 Quote
Tolstoy was a troubled man, very enigmatic. He wanted to know the answers to everything... life, history, causes, everything. He never succeeded, that kind of tormented him. He only became religious at the very end of his life, so plagued was he by the lack of answers to big questions in his generations. I might find a great Berlin quote about the final stage in Tolstoy's life: basically, he'd given up on everything else, and turned to religion for solace.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:09 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

That won't change my thoughts on god. If I'm going to have anyone sway my opinion on science it will be Einstein, and he's atheist.

I'm not a 12 year old kid that believes whatever his role model believes just for the sake of being like them.
Dude comeon einstien wasnt an atheist he even said it "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:14 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:

Dude comeon einstien wasnt an atheist he even said it "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

Trust me, Einstein didn't believe in god... When he said that he didn't like people quoting him, what he meant was that he didn't want to be seen as a crusading atheist.

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being. "

" I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist. "

- Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner Jr, July 2, 1945, responding to a rumor that a Jesuit priest had caused Einstein to convert from atheism

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

Trust me, Einstein didn't believe in god... When he said that he didn't like people quoting him, what he meant was that he didn't want to be seen as a crusading atheist.

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being. "
Ohh got ya! But atheist or not that dude was a smart man Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028155
Mobile Version of Website