Powered by Outside

Why are the british (England Wales Scotland Northern Ireland) the best in the world?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Why are the british (England Wales Scotland Northern Ireland) the best in the world?
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
kjmkjm wrote:
but but but .. im english but i still think canda are the truley best! kick of the freeride styling and made mtbing big!

we're not Canada's ,we're Canadians Wink

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 1:18 Quote
timlake wrote:
JBat360 wrote:
timlake wrote:

Your "i's" should be capitalized so they are "I".
Your post also doesn't make sense, but I'm assuming you made a typo and put "but" instead of "put". You also missed out the 'a' in 'Instead'.
Do you not think you're being a little bit of a hypocrite when you call me stupid? I think you are.
Also, for the second time. I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell me to die. It isn't nice.
fine i hate you and i want to smash your face in
Those "i's" are still not capitalized. Also, you want to, or are going to?
I want to.... I really want to

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 1:21 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
u must have confused the uk with austrailia

+1, not just saying that because I am Australian but we do have the best DH riders. Pro and Juniors. But Australia only has the best DH riders. Canada seems to have the best Freeriders and countries like America seem to have the best DJ and street riders.

This thread will so get banned any time soon I reckon Smile

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 2:49 Quote
The Aussies are fairly new to the scene, haven't got much of a pedigree in producing legendary racers. The originals were the USA, but since then they've dropped of the map for some reason... then France, who put a lot of time and funding into downhill, and found two people called Nico and Caro-Anne (the two most winning riders ever)... lately the Brits and Aussies have probably been the most dominant racing nation.

And you can say that it's only because of Peaty and the Athertons, but you're missing the point... it's the same as if Australia were without Hannah and Hill, or if France had never had Barel, Chausson or Voullioz, or the USA never had Lopes or Rockwell.... but Britain does have an awesome grass roots racing series to make up for its lack of serious mountains, and it produces a lot of up and coming riders (Bryceland, Danny Hart, Ruiardh Cunningam... a long list) who go on to be top WC pros. I don't think any other country has a regional-level racing series as good as ours. Look at Canada - best country in the world for it, and they produce one top 20 World Cup rider. That's what I put it down to.

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 2:54 Quote
this thread fails on so many levels.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.498623
Mobile Version of Website