Powered by Outside

2010 jamis bam

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 jamis bam
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 9:08 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
BradRitter wrote:
yea its a good bike though get it for super cheap do the frames really crack as much as they say?

The Parker frames will most likely crack on you. The rear triangle always seems to be the victim.

Yea, my friend broke his Parker

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
just picked up my 2010 bam today! this bike is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

photo

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 17:37 Quote
gfisher270 wrote:

photo

oh no dont ride a bam youll break itRolleyes i'm sure anybody who breaks one doesnt have their suspension set up correctly so it bottoms hard all the time. and if i shouldnt get/ride this bike cause i will probably break it why do so many people ride konas? they break but people still ride them

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
[Quote="stprider16"]
gfisher270 wrote:

oh no dont ride a bam youll break itRolleyes i'm sure anybody who breaks one doesnt have their suspension set up correctly so it bottoms hard all the time. and if i shouldnt get/ride this bike cause i will probably break it why do so many people ride konas? they break but people still ride them

im pretty confident that it's not going to break. my bike is set up so it doesnt bottom out easily also the ones that would break were the 2009s this is a 2010 frame with alot more strength so i doubt it's going to break also if it does i will just get a different fame.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 18:06 Quote
[Quote="gfisher270"]
stprider16 wrote:
gfisher270 wrote:

im pretty confident that it's not going to break. my bike is set up so it doesnt bottom out easily also the ones that would break were the 2009s this is a 2010 frame with alot more strength so i doubt it's going to break also if it does i will just get a different fame.

exactly people say my frame broke yours will too dont get the bike, does it ride nice? is the geo good?

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
[Quote="stprider16"]
gfisher270 wrote:
stprider16 wrote:

exactly people say my frame broke yours will too dont get the bike, does it ride nice? is the geo good?

the bike rides like a dream and i already bought it.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
[Quote="gfisher270"]
stprider16 wrote:
gfisher270 wrote:

the bike rides like a dream and i already bought it.

exactly who cares if it rides really nice then its your decision to buy it and ride it

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 20:44 Quote
That's a lot of bashing on a bike you're trying to sell for $3000 right now!

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 20:47 Quote
BradRitter wrote:
dont worry u will

That's a lot of bashing on a bike you're trying to sell for $3000 right now!

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 16:28 Quote
DO NOT BUY A JAMIS! I Had a 2010 Bam that cracked in half after less than 15 rides. I was knocked unconcious and taken away on a strecher when it broke. DO NOT BUY ONE. YOU WILL GET SERIOUSLY HURT 100%

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 17:25 Quote
thedankman wrote:
DO NOT BUY A JAMIS! I Had a 2010 Bam that cracked in half after less than 15 rides. I was knocked unconcious and taken away on a strecher when it broke. DO NOT BUY ONE. YOU WILL GET SERIOUSLY HURT 100%

Dang!!! Even the 2010's are bad? I thought they fixed that problem when they came out with a re-designed frame.

Mine broke about 5 months ago, and I have a 2008 model

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 18:07 Quote
gfisher270 wrote:

photo

get rid of this bike asap. you will get seriously injured on it. i just snapped a frame in half. same exact bike.

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 18:27 Quote
thedankman wrote:
gfisher270 wrote:

photo

get rid of this bike asap. you will get seriously injured on it. i just snapped a frame in half. same exact bike.

Sorry to hear that man. I cracked mine on a weld where the top tube meets the head tube. I got a red warranty frame that I'm trying to sell. I got myself a new 303 RDH. Jamis needs to get their act together with all these frames cracking. Heal up man.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023976
Mobile Version of Website