Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
robholio wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
I can lock it if you want.

As I created the original Older Riders thread, why was I not consulted prior to locking and moving the group and handing it over to another user and removing my ability to moderate it in the process? That shows incredibly poor form and lack of communication.

ERM...handed over to another user? I would take it that was me? I created this just so that we had somewhere to chat, continuance if you will, it was suggested that someone did it before the old thread got toasted.
And as for moderating it, you CAN..everyones name that appears in the first post (#mod blah blah blah #mod) can edit the first post, therefore adding mods, bans, or controlling who can post in this forum.

So...whats the issue? This is not YOUR thread, nor is it MINE its OURS, the old school riders, I / YOU / ANYONE LISTED can add names to the first post to add them as moderators of this forum, this was if you are not online (as yesterday) and our thread gets attacked (as yesterday) ANY ONE OF US can simply ban the attacking user and keep the thread fron being jacked.
If I missed anyones name from the MOD list please accept my apologies and I will add it as soon as you let know (hustler I have added you lol)

So Rob, whats up?

No issue with you. More the actions of the other mods in locking the other one without telling me. As to moderating this thread, I do not have that access at this time in this thread.

Is Radek applying the mod powers for the thread? Simply adding a name in the first post doesn't do it. It would be an administrative function under the moderate link at the top of the thread. Do you see that link?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
robholio wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:
robholio wrote:

As I created the original Older Riders thread, why was I not consulted prior to locking and moving the group and handing it over to another user and removing my ability to moderate it in the process? That shows incredibly poor form and lack of communication.

ERM...handed over to another user? I would take it that was me? I created this just so that we had somewhere to chat, continuance if you will, it was suggested that someone did it before the old thread got toasted.
And as for moderating it, you CAN..everyones name that appears in the first post (#mod blah blah blah #mod) can edit the first post, therefore adding mods, bans, or controlling who can post in this forum.

So...whats the issue? This is not YOUR thread, nor is it MINE its OURS, the old school riders, I / YOU / ANYONE LISTED can add names to the first post to add them as moderators of this forum, this was if you are not online (as yesterday) and our thread gets attacked (as yesterday) ANY ONE OF US can simply ban the attacking user and keep the thread fron being jacked.
If I missed anyones name from the MOD list please accept my apologies and I will add it as soon as you let know (hustler I have added you lol)

So Rob, whats up?

No issue with you. More the actions of the other mods in locking the other one without telling me. As to moderating this thread, I do not have that access at this time in this thread.

Apparently the "mod" feature should be working today sometime, just try to edit the first post (goes for everyone) and maybe leave a note on it to let everyone know that its working?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
i love this thread! i am new to biking and i've learned alot from everyone here and met some cool guys to ride with;
photo

and shondo we'll ride yet

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
if i was to post all the guys i have rode with or bought or sold stuff to from pinkbike it would be a long list,there are always going to be a*sholes in life,well i say f*ck them and let's just keep doing our thing.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:18 Quote
I always thought the Sex Pistols were McClaren's boy band - I can't take Johnny Rotten -Lydon seriously in anything. Sorry to step on toes.[/Quote]

totally agree dude. thats exactly what i think of them as well. nevertheless, the importance of punk rock as a genre for the time was shown through them, and punk rock benefitted because of the sex pistols without a doubt.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
Whoa, I saw the conversation about health care then I went about my day come back today and I've missed alot, but I'm here on the new thread, lurking as uaual. Hopefully we can carry on as we were.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
I still can't edit the first thread, or perhaps I'm stupid and don't really know what I'm looking for. Anyone else having difficulies? As for wheels, I love my Crossmax SX. I run them tubeless with Maxxis Highroller LUST 2.35, ultra light setup. I also love my DeeMax and 729s. I've also heard great things about Atomlab hoops. I trash a lot of wheels and will never run DT, Bontrager, or Azonic again.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 12:22 Quote
Radek still has to apply the moderating permissions. I asked the same thing...

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 12:41 Quote
Wow its back Smile
Hows every one been?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 13:09 Quote
hey obee1 i loaded the photos of the last show i made for the museum in Poland and a couple of other pieces in my profile under work
if you have any of your stuff left i would like to see it

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
wanabe, you have some serious talent, what are they made out of?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
wanabe, you have some serious talent, what are they made out of?

thanks Robbie the yellow ones are 26 million year old amber and the clear ones are optical grade quarts

except for the fish its 45 million year old amber

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 13:20 Quote
Wow, do you sell them to the public? (i.e us lot), I assume you shape them with some kind of tool, it it like a lathe or all hand done? Where do you get 45 million year old amber?

Sorry for all the questions but you have got me really curious, I have never seen anything akin to this and know nothing about it at all

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Bontrager rhythm wheels. I can't believe I am saying it but I have FLOGGED a set for a couple of months and with all my sideways whip landing I still haven't had to true them!!

I was sold on them too at one time.....and then had a catastrophic failure where in the space of one month, both rims SPLIT right down the middle along the line of spoke holes.
Here's a pic of the first one to go:
photo

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
Wow, do you sell them to the public? (i.e us lot), I assume you shape them with some kind of tool, it it like a lathe or all hand done? Where do you get 45 million year old amber?

Sorry for all the questions but you have got me really curious, I have never seen anything akin to this and know nothing about it at all

i make them all by hand any jig or lathe would be cheating the 45myo comes from the Baltic region and the 26 comes from Mexico
i do sell to the public but as you can imagine its not cheap but for how rare it is to find such objects in that material its fare

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014866
Mobile Version of Website