10 Years From Now...

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
10 Years From Now...
O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
Canada won't hit a slump... it will become the new iraq or the new china

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 12:51 Quote
really, who knows? 10 years ago this bike was a good idea and state of the art, now it looks pointlessly out dated. what happens in the world will remain to be practically un-guessable for at least another 8 years. pretty much the only thing we know is screwing us all is global warming. (please don't let this get into an Al Gore style debate about if it is real or not.)
photo

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
Nostradamus predicted that the Armageddon will happen in 2012.(I dont think it is likely to happen). If it doesnt then I cant really tell, we will probably go fairly green. If the armageddon does happen, then i see lots of looting.

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
metalforever wrote:
Nostradamus predicted that the Armageddon will happen in 2012.(I dont think it is likely to happen). If it doesnt then I cant really tell, we will probably go fairly green. If the armageddon does happen, then i see lots of looting.
Yeah Looting!!!! LOOT! LOOT! LOOT!!!

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:27 Quote
metalforever wrote:
Nostradamus predicted that the Armageddon will happen in 2012.

Mayan calander also ends December 21 2012...Coincidence?

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
metalforever wrote:

Sorry to say to but no he didn't. In 2012, he predicts a comet strike that will set in motion the events leading up to WW3. His predictions go on for hundreds of years afterwards, so if we're all dead then what's he predicting?

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
metalforever wrote:

Sorry to say to but no he didn't. In 2012, he predicts a comet strike that will set in motion the events leading up to WW3. His predictions go on for hundreds of years afterwards, so if we're all dead then what's he predicting?

whatever nostradamus smoked, i want some.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
metalforever wrote:

The Mayans, the best timekeepers in history, did however end their calender in 2012, for an untold reason.
I think it's all a load of baloney, but it is kind of cool to conspiricize (invented word sorry) about.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
marty660 wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:
metalforever wrote:

The Mayans, the best timekeepers in history, did however end their calender in 2012, for an untold reason.
I think it's all a load of baloney, but it is kind of cool to conspiricize (invented word sorry) about.

I know what you mean, I dont think it will happen but what ever. It would be freaky if it did though.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
I think that in ten years, everything will be the same. I don't worry about polution, because: Scientists say that their is a certain number the tons of pollution released every day in the air. I think they forgot that trees recycle C02 emissions, and make it into cleaner air. So, if their is 20 tons of pollutions every day (just an example), their is most likely enough trees (billions and billions of them), to recycle all the filth in the air. Thuss eliminating the threat.

The only thing worrying me in the future, is an upcomming Ice age. But, we will all be dead by the time it happens. Future generations can take care of that.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
Jocool wrote:
I think that in ten years, everything will be the same. I don't worry about polution, because: Scientists say that their is a certain number the tons of pollution released every day in the air. I think they forgot that trees recycle C02 emissions, and make it into cleaner air. So, if their is 20 tons of pollutions every day (just an example), their is most likely enough trees (billions and billions of them), to recycle all the filth in the air. Thuss eliminating the threat.

The only thing worrying me in the future, is an upcomming Ice age. But, we will all be dead by the time it happens. Future generations can take care of that.

We're killing our trees though, that's the problem.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 4:51 Quote
marty660 wrote:
Jocool wrote:

We're killing our trees though, that's the problem.

You're right on that one, but still... their are sooo many trees, we can't cut them all. Some are in protected ereas, like national park and all...

FL
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 1:38 Quote
metalforever wrote:
marty660 wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:

I know what you mean, I dont think it will happen but what ever. It would be freaky if it did though.

Nostradamus was so unclear, it's too hard to understand what he's predicting. It's always interesting to see what people like that say, but when it comes to prophesy I don't really take any notice of him.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 8:48 Quote
Jocool wrote:

That's a pretty optimistic approach to things and unless you live in truly polluted city, I don't think you can fully grasp the severity of things. I'm fortunate enough to live in the city with the second worst air quality in Ontario. We're a city of about 200,000 people yet we have worse air quality than Toronto, a city of 5 000 000. We've had smog alerts here when the temperature wasn't even over 15C, we had a smog alert last year during the winter when air quality is supposed to be highest.

This city is full of casting plants and other factories giving off waste into the water we drink and putting fine particle matter into the air. In the past 7 years, 5 of my neighbors have died as a result of cancer all of which were very similar (none of them had lung cancer, all of them had cancers in the other filtering organs) which is easily points to contaminated ground water.

With more and more houses being built, cities are so sparsely populated with trees its ridiculous. Not even every house has a tree in front of it and most of the trees that are still standing are dead. With all the drought conditions that North America is experiencing, even the live trees aren't operating to their full potential. Last year, a lot of the trees around here never even made it to green because they were so dehydrated and sick. Then when you go out into the country side, most of the land has long been farm land. This area used to be all heavy forest and now there's patches of trees that the farmers leave up as wind breaks. I can think of 2 or 3 parks that have protected forests all of which might add up to 50 acres which isn't a whole lot.

Most of the beaches in this area on both the Ontario and Michigan side spend a large majority of the swimming season closed due to high bacteria counts and high levels of various other chemicals that shouldn't be there.

As much as I am not an environmentalist, there is definitely a problem with pollution in the world. It may not be all that bad in your part of the world but that doesn't mean it isn't happening somewhere else.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
Ouch, I didnt think of it that way. I live in the country, near Ottawa, our air is very clean, their are nice big trees everywhere, alot of farms, but even more trees. We have the largest Man made forest in Canada : Larose forest. Its very nice. Its a shame, it has to be the complete oposite in the big citys. The air their is so polluted. Now that I think of it, even if their are billions and billions of trees, the pollution will always get worst, and even the trees cant take that. But, I guess I dont have to worry too much about the future, because by the time it gets to the point were the air will be unbredable, we will already be dead.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029985
Mobile Version of Website