Powered by Outside

People who have ridden blk mrkt mobs/riots whats good and bad about them???

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
People who have ridden blk mrkt mobs/riots whats good and bad about them???
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
sleeth21 wrote:
creamsoda wrote:
sleeth21 wrote:
the pike is no good for street. i had it slammed and hard all the time so watch out for that.

...watch out for what?

using pikes for street

because you had it slammed and locked out all the time? that's not a problem; what's the problem?

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
they are such sick frames i just got a riot and they are honestly the best frames out there they are awesome dirtjumping bikes and sick in the park

i dont even know why your waiting they are clearly the best i cant describe how much better they feel

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
Ok kiddies... some info.

.357 is a straight guage CrMo frame. Made overseas.
Riot is a butted CrMo frame. Made overseas.
Mob is manufactured by S&M bikes and uses Supertherm, custom swaged and drawn butted tubing. Made in US start to finish.

So there is a bit of difference in the frames even though the geometry is the same on all. That said I have owned a Riot frame and now have a Mob. The bike is simply the best geometry I have ever ridden. Everything about it is perfect. The Mob does handle differently than the Riot. It feels more compliant. The Riot was awesome but the Mob just has a better feel to it. Can't really describe the difference more than it is more compliant. Feels like the steel absorbs more vibration and impacts better.

Honestly there is nothing bad about any of them. I personally like the Mob the best and think that the finished product is just a bit better. Welds are better and the little trick stuff sets them apart. Handgun logo machined into the headtube, different frame bridges and the dropouts are a bit smaller.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4714/dcp2584editedun8.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5097/dcp2585editedqa8.jpg

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
best hardtail i have ever ridden hands down
heres mine
photo

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
creamsoda wrote:
sleeth21 wrote:
creamsoda wrote:

...watch out for what?

using pikes for street

because you had it slammed and locked out all the time? that's not a problem; what's the problem?

that its not a good street fork

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
I ride a Eastern Nightrain with 24" wheels. Bought a Riot and rode it for a couple of months trying to like it because I heard so many good things about them. Finally switched back to my Nightrain frame and all felt good again. I really like the short chainstay on the nightrain. I think black markets are awesome, just not for me.

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
eh the frames dent real easily. light but not that strong. 1 hit to the coping and its all over for that frame.

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
sleeth21 wrote:
creamsoda wrote:
sleeth21 wrote:

using pikes for street

you have still provided no legitimate reason; plenty of people run pikes for street and while older pikes did have an arch snapping problem (regardless of spins nor footjams), newer ones do not have the same defect.

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 9:01 Quote
best bikes ever: light, strong, durable, unique, fabulous geo. i also like the looks on peoples faces when i rip by them doing footjams.

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
creamsoda wrote:
sleeth21 wrote:
creamsoda wrote:

you have still provided no legitimate reason; plenty of people run pikes for street and while older pikes did have an arch snapping problem (regardless of spins nor footjams), newer ones do not have the same defect.

w/e dude im just saying they are not the best street fork. thats all you dont need to get offended.

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
sleeth21 wrote:
creamsoda wrote:
sleeth21 wrote:

w/e dude im just saying they are not the best street fork. thats all you dont need to get offended.

Why not?

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
porkercon wrote:
sleeth21 wrote:
creamsoda wrote:

Why not?

f*ck!!! get a pike i dont give a shit. but most people that use them for street break them.

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 16:18 Quote
sleeth21 wrote:
porkercon wrote:
sleeth21 wrote:

Why not?

f*ck!!! get a pike i dont give a shit. but most people that use them for street break them.

I have a PIKE, and i ride it for street. Havnt had a single problem with it...

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 16:59 Quote
OK, because I just wrote a long response and accidentally hit the back button, I'll make this one brief. Essentially, I've encountered two problems with my Riot.

One, the sprocket sizing restrictions, which everyone already knows about. Carter Holland notified me about this issue when I inquired about it two years ago (because my sprocket was larger than the desired 30t range). This meant that I had to microdrive my setup to keep a similar gear ratio.

Secondly, despite owning the longer 22" version of the Riot, the pedals still manage to hit the front wheel on barspins. My setup isn't particularly unorthodox either; 26" MTXs, 80mm Gold Label 2, and standard 175mm Primo Hollowbites with accompanying Tenderizers. This obviously has limiting effects because I can no longer barspin, and even tailwhips are stopped halfway through their rotation if the pedals and cranks remain in a forward position.

I'm still content with my Riot, but I would definitely like to overcome this predicament, even if that means changing frames or wheelsize.

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
sweetsarasin wrote:
sleeth21 wrote:
porkercon wrote:

Why not?

I have a PIKE, and i ride it for street. Havnt had a single problem with it...

thats good

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034190
Mobile Version of Website