The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 at 14:02 Quote
You just used two variables though. First off, I have no option other than to conceal so he wont have any idea I am even carrying let alone what it is. Second, any gun on my hip regardless of caliber would probably scare off a would be robber. I am going to hip or small of the back carry so accessibility of either gun would be the same.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 at 14:04 Quote
Thats a shame not many states let you open carry.

and Six-feet-Under, there actually is a carry license here in good old Canada its just next to impossible to get, I'll post up some info when I find it again.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 at 14:08 Quote
[Quoten]AUTHORIZATION TO CARRY

Carry of a handgun, whether open or concealed, requires an Authorization to Carry Restricted Firearms and Prohibited Handguns.

This particular license is almost impossible to get. It's issued to armored car personnel and occasionally to trappers and other workers in the bush. Authorizations to Carry are unique is that there is no appeal from a refusal of an application for an ATC; "no" means no.

There is a third type of Authorization To Carry, described in Firearms Act section 20(a), and with the following regulations:

For the purpose of section 20 of the Act, the circumstances in which an individual needs restricted firearms or prohibited handguns to protect the life of that individual or of other individuals are where
o (a) the life of that individual, or other individuals, is in imminent danger from one or more other individuals;
o (b) police protection is not sufficient in the circumstances; and
o (c) the possession of a restricted firearm or prohibited handgun can reasonably be justified for protecting the individual or other individuals from death or grievous bodily harm.

In spite of the fact that this type of ATC was explicitly created in the law for the benefit of abused spouses and other women in danger, it has never been issued. The application form doesn't even mention that this type of ATC exists!

Sadly, we must conclude that the official policy of the current government of Canada prefers a dead woman, raped and stranged with her own pantyhose, over a living woman explaining to the RCMP how her attacker got a fatal bullet wound. [/Quoten]

Posted: Mar 23, 2010 at 15:32 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
[Quoten]AUTHORIZATION TO CARRY

Carry of a handgun, whether open or concealed, requires an Authorization to Carry Restricted Firearms and Prohibited Handguns.

This particular license is almost impossible to get. It's issued to armored car personnel and occasionally to trappers and other workers in the bush. Authorizations to Carry are unique is that there is no appeal from a refusal of an application for an ATC; "no" means no.

There is a third type of Authorization To Carry, described in Firearms Act section 20(a), and with the following regulations:

For the purpose of section 20 of the Act, the circumstances in which an individual needs restricted firearms or prohibited handguns to protect the life of that individual or of other individuals are where
o (a) the life of that individual, or other individuals, is in imminent danger from one or more other individuals;
o (b) police protection is not sufficient in the circumstances; and
o (c) the possession of a restricted firearm or prohibited handgun can reasonably be justified for protecting the individual or other individuals from death or grievous bodily harm.

In spite of the fact that this type of ATC was explicitly created in the law for the benefit of abused spouses and other women in danger, it has never been issued. The application form doesn't even mention that this type of ATC exists!

Sadly, we must conclude that the official policy of the current government of Canada prefers a dead woman, raped and stranged with her own pantyhose, over a living woman explaining to the RCMP how her attacker got a fatal bullet wound. [/Quoten]

So ya it's not really possible unless I'm a cop or I deliver money to banks.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 at 21:50 Quote
Or your doing something up north in the bush, I think that's my best bet.

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 20:04 Quote
Jenkin's nice lookin 1911. My neighbour used to have a black on with a compensator on it. Great guns, the days we brought it out, shooting it all day I honestly don't remember any malfunction's.

I think if I could pick any pistol without a limit...

Para Ordnance SX1445S
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.shootist.ab.ca/bkparaSX1445S.jpg

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 20:29 Quote
Mmm, thats a nice looking gun. 1911s will forever be my Favorite handgun, I would love to get a Wilson Combat 1911 but there upwards of 4,000

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 20:52 Quote
thats a nice 1911. Im a Glock man myself, fired several hundred rounds of 9mm through a 17, never a stoppage, not to mention how much lighter it is than the old Browning Hi-Power ive been carrying around for the last 6 months.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 20:53 Quote
Glocks are also fun to shoot, but every time I pick one up a little part of my mind thinks that's its more effective to hold the gun cocked 90 degrees and stuff it in my waist band rather then on my hip.

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 6:58 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
Glocks are also fun to shoot, but every time I pick one up a little part of my mind thinks that's its more effective to hold the gun cocked 90 degrees and stuff it in my waist band rather then on my hip.

"Hey chief, can I hold my gun sideways? It looks sooo cooool..."
"Whatever you want, birthday boy!"

Name the quote anyone?

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
Just for shits and giggles I tried shooting a glock sideways.
I can understand why 50 Cent got shot 9 times and survived, because its damn near impossible to hit anything your aiming at. Not to mention he probly got shot with a 9mm

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 14:36 Quote
Ya it's a shame that some people have to think about gangsters when they hear the word Glock. I used to, but then I learned they were made in Austria.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 15:26 Quote
Well you cant really help it, every rapper mentions a glock, 9mm or a Mac 10, or a tech nine in at least one of there songs.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 8:37 Quote
haha

i havent ever linked glocks with gangsters. only 9mm's and the others you just mentioned

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 9:24 Quote
Gangster guns are only cool in movies. You meet a real gangster, and most them pack shit pirate guns that are barly functional. Glock makes some reallly really nice pistols though. Some of there range pistols are intensly accurate, and you can't beat the look and feel of the $9000 ceramic Glock .40 ACP.

But on the 1911 topic, who makes something called a defender or night defender. A freind of mines dad had a black one that he traderd at a show for a Nitro .600.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018731
Mobile Version of Website