Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Specialized demo 9 rear shock help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Specialized demo 9 rear shock help
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 9:25 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:

that is an 04 .... ^^^^^^^^^ is right, it is a demo 9 dh

the 05 demo is either red, and the demo9 pro which i have is brown

it is an 04 demo 9 DH heres a better pic showing the shock
photo

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
this maybe a really dumb question, but im swapping the spring on my demo 9 and i've spent ages just trying to get the shock out of the frame, is there a speecial way to do it?

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 8:41 Quote
twitchrider wrote:
this maybe a really dumb question, but im swapping the spring on my demo 9 and i've spent ages just trying to get the shock out of the frame, is there a speecial way to do it?

you have to remove that top flat plate .... its the silver thing above the shock in the bike above

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:
twitchrider wrote:

you have to remove that top flat plate .... its the silver thing above the shock in the bike above
Fail

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
twitchrider wrote:

RTFM! To remove the shock you need to disconnect the S-link from the frame pivot. Then lift the S-link to get at the shock.

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
vegas- wrote:
nicholas888 wrote:
twitchrider wrote:

Fail

what do you mean fail? i own a demo, and it is the easiest way for me...

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:
vegas- wrote:
nicholas888 wrote:

Fail

nvm i tohught it was a diffrent topic i thought you meant totally remove it sorry your right

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
vegas- wrote:
nicholas888 wrote:
vegas- wrote:
Fail

nvm i tohught it was a diffrent topic i thought you meant totally remove it sorry your right

alright ... no problem haha

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
slayitlikeabadhabit wrote:
suvlako wrote:
That is one I have not tried...

I am getting a demo 9 soon maybe, I was wondering the same thing!
way to gravedigRolleyes

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 6:40 Quote
What do you mean?

I bought one, haha, I'll have to post a pick up sometime.

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
alright, can someone help me here? ive just bought a demo 9 and i want to remove the shock from the bike. what is the easiest way to do this? step by step if possible, its my first dh bike so i aint use to fiddling with multi pivots...
thanks

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
prototype26 wrote:
alright, can someone help me here? ive just bought a demo 9 and i want to remove the shock from the bike. what is the easiest way to do this? step by step if possible, its my first dh bike so i aint use to fiddling with multi pivots...
thanks
photo

see where the upper swinglink (silver part) conects to the seatstay (upper part of swingarm)? you have to undo the bolts that are at that pivot (make sure you dont lose anything), then undo the shock mount bolts and slide the shock out.

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 10:41 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
prototype26 wrote:
thanks
photo

see where the upper swinglink (silver part) conects to the seatstay (upper part of swingarm)? you have to undo the bolts that are at that pivot (make sure you dont lose anything), then undo the shock mount bolts and slide the shock out.

thanks very much. that clears things up, theres so much argueing on this i didnt have a clue.

thanks again

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 11:17 Quote

thanks aswell mate, thats perfect!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035921
Mobile Version of Website