inverted forks!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
inverted forks!
Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 1:23 Quote
Probably been asked before, but my Dorado Experts seem to be seeping oil. I had previously read that this happens when they sit unused and due to not being able to ride it for a while, I have still made sure I removed the bike from the garage and cycled the suspension action a few times at least once a week. Anyone else had this issue?

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 4:15 Quote
I see Magura have released this new Boltron USD fork.

photo

> Ebay advert here

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 4:17 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
Probably been asked before, but my Dorado Experts seem to be seeping oil. I had previously read that this happens when they sit unused and due to not being able to ride it for a while, I have still made sure I removed the bike from the garage and cycled the suspension action a few times at least once a week. Anyone else had this issue?

I've had some Pros lying around in my shed for a while and they show no signs of leakage

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 2:14 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:

If you don't have seals handy and it's only seeping/weeping and not full on leaking you can take the fork leg apart and try cleaning the seals. It's not guaranteed to work, but I've fixed weeping oil a couple times by cleaning them. It's something I do with the moto that I tried on the mtb and it worked.

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 10:44 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
I see Magura have released this new Boltron USD fork.

photo

> Ebay advert here

Or there's this one for a bit less with axle, hub and spoke kit to be built onto rims of your choice... Good looking fork!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magura-Boltron-air-Travel-150mm-NEW-2017-upside-down-mountain-bike-fork/132303034900?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D45992%26meid%3D7aa50b13237a4ef28443ad0d10fd8379%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D263151362423&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&autorefresh=true

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 11:44 Quote
All my forks which aren't fitted to bikes right now.

Many forks

Many suspensions

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 19:37 Quote
That's a mighty fine looking collection you got there. Do you line em up on the yard often just to look at them?

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 19:41 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Many forks

Many suspensions

err excuse me, your fork collection dropped something...
my jawDrool Drool Drool

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 0:15 Quote
If you ever want to offload the Dorado SC's........remember my name lol

Shiny-side-up wrote:

Many forks

Many suspensions

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 10:06 Quote
HELL! I dream about that old x-vert carbon, I have the newer one, but would be lovely to have both gen ones

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 1:01 Quote
Just seen this guy commenting he has the x-fusion revel single crown inverted fork! It's in the comments on the latest pinkbike article on an x-fusion long travel 29er and the below link is to the guys album, reckons he can source them no problem!

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/MtbRacer97/album/GGRevel/

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 8:14 Quote
landscapeben wrote:
Just seen this guy commenting he has the x-fusion revel single crown inverted fork! It's in the comments on the latest pinkbike article on an x-fusion long travel 29er and the below link is to the guys album, reckons he can source them no problem!

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/MtbRacer97/album/GGRevel/

Hello, yep that's me! haha. Message me if you have any questions. Cheers Smile

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 3:51 Quote
Just got this blue 650b Dorado, it was custom made for the Hayes Bergamont World Cup team and never used!

Hayes Bergamont 650B Dorado with IRT amp MRD kits. Limited blue black ano.

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 7:48 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Just got this blue 650b Dorado, it was custom made for the Hayes Bergamont World Cup team and never used!

That looks awesome i also got a dorado for my Demo,Dorado's looking freaking legit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021032
Mobile Version of Website